OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

NEW zeiss victory diavari

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jshepp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEW zeiss victory diavari
    Posted: October/14/2010 at 12:29
just wanted to thank everyone for the input on riflescopes.

i ended up going w/ a zeiss vitory diavari 2.5-10x50 T II reticle #60 in 2IP. i was looking at getting a demo DIAVARI for discounted price non illuminated. but when i contacted licesned online retailer, they no longer had the demo i wanted. he was very apologetic & offered me the new #60 2ip for a $100 more than the demo price. couldnt resist. SOLD

fedex confirmed today hill country rifle has recieved scope. scope to be mounted on savage 110 7mm rem mag. pillar bedded & floated & accu-tuned onto new LH richards microfit laminated dual grip thumbhole in autumn leaves. savage used to be on rh syntheitc stock which was ok but never really fit me because i shoot lh.

this is my first custom rifle & cant wait to fire it. wife says i'll be expected to make up for on christmas. LOL there goes the savings account.  i am a over the road truck driver so i'll be bringing the stock with me on the road & finishing it with tru-oil. i'll post some pics after i recieve rifle back from hill country & as stock progresses. looked at stock before sending off to hill country lots of sanding will be needed. but i was a finish carpenter for 25 years & will have lots of time on my hands while on the road................ once again thanks to all................ ANY INPUT ON LAMINATED STOCK FINISHING WOULD BE APPRECIATED
jts
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/2010 at 18:48
Good Luck on your project and be safe while about.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/2010 at 20:15
Originally posted by jshepp jshepp wrote:

just wanted to thank everyone for the input on riflescopes.

i ended up going w/ a zeiss vitory diavari 2.5-10x50 T II reticle #60 in 2IP. i was looking at getting a demo DIAVARI for discounted price non illuminated. but when i contacted licesned online retailer, they no longer had the demo i wanted. he was very apologetic & offered me the new #60 2ip for a $100 more than the demo price. couldnt resist. SOLD

fedex confirmed today hill country rifle has recieved scope. scope to be mounted on savage 110 7mm rem mag. pillar bedded & floated & accu-tuned onto new LH richards microfit laminated dual grip thumbhole in autumn leaves. savage used to be on rh syntheitc stock which was ok but never really fit me because i shoot lh.

this is my first custom rifle & cant wait to fire it. wife says i'll be expected to make up for on christmas. LOL there goes the savings account.  i am a over the road truck driver so i'll be bringing the stock with me on the road & finishing it with tru-oil. i'll post some pics after i recieve rifle back from hill country & as stock progresses. looked at stock before sending off to hill country lots of sanding will be needed. but i was a finish carpenter for 25 years & will have lots of time on my hands while on the road................ once again thanks to all................ ANY INPUT ON LAMINATED STOCK FINISHING WOULD BE APPRECIATED
contact BIGDADDY... he is quite the accomplished "stock finisher"...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/2010 at 20:31
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

contact BIGDADDY... he is quite the accomplished "stock finisher"...

Thunbs Up
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2010 at 05:46
Great scope,good hunting with it,worth every penny you paid!
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
REP View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2010 at 06:40
Out of curiosity I looked up Hill Country Rifle when I saw that you were working with a Savage. Turns out that they are like one hour south of me. See what you have done Ive just finally started getting along with the wife after my last discovery. LMAO Wink
Enough is to much.
jshepp View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jshepp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/01/2011 at 15:25
finally got my riflestock completed & reassembled. but cant figure out how to upload images. HELP ????
ANYONE KNOW HOW
jts
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/01/2011 at 15:39
Originally posted by jshepp jshepp wrote:

finally got my riflestock completed & reassembled. but cant figure out how to upload images. HELP ????
ANYONE KNOW HOW

You need 50 posts to accomplish this or link to a Photobucket, Picasa, etc. account.

or

I can PM you my email address and then post the pics for you once I receive them.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
jshepp View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jshepp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/01/2011 at 17:18
hey mike if you dont mind doing that for me id appreciate !!!! ive already got them loaded up on email i sent to friend. let me know your email & ill forward them to you.... thanks, john !!!
my email is jshepp9790@aol.com
jts
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/01/2011 at 23:47
pm sent.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2011 at 11:57
John's (jshepp) new custom rifle!!!   Excellent

jshepp View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jshepp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2011 at 12:52

Head BangerWant to thank mike650 for taking the time to post pics for meBow

this was my first rifle project. 15 coats of tru-oil later & im very happy with the results. scope will be going back to zeiss in febuary for target turrets. spoke with zeiss for $50 each they will be able to complete retrofit in 2-3 weeks without having to be sent back to germany. then can order kenton replacement turrets for specific cartridges
so far very happy with illuminated reticle. was wooried at first after reading post of glare of some ill um, ret. but the zeiss dials down very nicely. forunately there was 4 inches of snow when i was home for christmas & partial full moon. the view was much better than my monarch.

when i get back home in spring i'll start experimenting with federal accubond 160 grain. will post again soon when i get results.

want to thank all of you that have assisted me in my decision making process.

happy new years to all. got to go for now..............
jts
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2011 at 13:25
John ,that is a very sweet looking rig,GOOD LUCK with it.
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Johnny View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2011 at 13:34
Great looking setup!!!! Is the stock for a lefthanded shooter or am I looking at it wrong??
Black Bear Road
Johnny View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2011 at 13:39
I'm sorry. I went back and read your first post and see what you have done. When I saw the stock and the right handed bolt I thought I was looking wrong. 
I best it will shoot great!!!!!!!Excellent
Black Bear Road
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2011 at 14:26
Looks really nice, John!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic