OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Archery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

tekan T3 broadheads by G5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meangene1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tekan T3 broadheads by G5
    Posted: October/11/2010 at 21:11
Does anyone use these? I stuck and kiiled and eight point oct 1 with with of these and it didnt leave a big hole did bleed good and didnt seem to open up on impact. I am normally a fixed blade guy but tried them. The deer only went 30 ft, but i still didnt like the hole and the broadhead not opening
I do not condone what i do but i will not deny myself the pleasure
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2010 at 06:18
I think Bigdaddy uses them.  I couldn't bring myself to use an expandable of any sorts so i went off the wall and got the NAP Braxe
meangene1975 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meangene1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2010 at 07:15
I have taken 15 plus with crimson talons spin tites but there hard to find now.
I do not condone what i do but i will not deny myself the pleasure
trjones87 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trjones87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2010 at 18:04
No a huge fan. I'm not a big fan of mechanicals to begin with. I've been bow hunting for years and would much rather take a sure thing with a mechanical than take a chance of it not working and possibly poising if not making the animal suffer
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2010 at 10:34
I use teken 2 blades, they look like they have been shot with a rifle. masive exit hole. They also hold up to bone pretty well. 3 deer shot and 1 blade broke.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2010 at 11:13
I use Thunderhead 125 mainly because I can find replacement blades easy.  One of the boys uses Rage and had one not open up.  It's a big cut when they open but the likelyhood of them opening decreases as distance increases so for long shots shoot fixed blades.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
trjones87 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trjones87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2010 at 07:18
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

I use Thunderhead 125 mainly because I can find replacement blades easy.  One of the boys uses Rage and had one not open up.  It's a big cut when they open but the likelyhood of them opening decreases as distance increases so for long shots shoot fixed blades.

Then more power to you, just like the rage, I don't want to question whether the broadhead will work or not when I'm drawing back.
trjones87 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trjones87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2010 at 07:20
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

But I do want to try the NAP bloodrunners, that have gotten incredible reviews and the thing I would trust is at even if they don't open, they already have a good cutting surface unlike rage, tekan, spitfires, grim reapers or any of the other ones on the market
Midwest_Hunter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midwest_Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2011 at 14:07
Can't go wrong with some Muzzys Big Grin
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2011 at 21:07
Originally posted by Midwest_Hunter Midwest_Hunter wrote:

Can't go wrong with some Muzzys Big Grin
Ive seen a muzzy on  more than one  occasion break all to hell after be shot @ a target
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic