OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

CZ527...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Apostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CZ527...
    Posted: October/09/2010 at 19:31
After getting that CZ452 Lux L-Her in .22 and loving it i've decided i'm getting a CZ527 Lux L-Her in .223 for Xmas. Has anybody had any experience with these rifles???

Edited by The Apostle - October/09/2010 at 19:32
John Howard: "We will find any means we can to further restrict them because I hate guns...ordinary citizens should not have weapons. We do not want the American disease imported into Australia"...
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/09/2010 at 20:53

HAVE:

527 IN MAPLE .223REM AMERICAIN
527 IN KEVLAR .223REM VARMINT BOTTOM PIC SECOND TO BOTTOM OR 3RD DOWN
527 IN LAMINATE .223REM VARMINT TOP PIC
527 IN MAPLE .204RUGER
527 IN WALNUT .223 REM BOTTOM PIC BOTTOM RIFLE
527 IN 7.62X39 CARBINE WALNUT
THE OTHER TWO IN THE PIC ARE CZ 550'S
TOP .308 VARMINT KEVLAR
2ND DOWN MAPLE .300WM MEDIUM MAGNUM

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM VERY SHORT AND SMALL BUT THEY DO THE JOB, THE LIGHTNESS IS WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THEM I DO ENJOY THE VARMINT IT IS A FASTER TWIST AND A LITTLE HEAVIER BARREL BUT THE RIFLE IS STILL LIGHTER THAN ANY OTHER RIFLE MANUFACTURER AND THE MACHINING IS SOLID AND REFINED. 

CZ RINGS OR WARNE RINGS OR LEUPOLD AS A LAST RESORT...

SINGLE SET TRIGGER (FULLY ADJUSTABLE) YOU CAN'T BEAT WITH DETACHABLE MAGAZINE AND SUPERB ACCURACY RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX.

I AM PRETTY MUCH IN LOVE WITH STEYRS AND CZ'S OUT OF THE BOX ACCURACY COMPETES OR IS SIMILAR TO A BLASER, MERKEL, SAKO, AND THE FEEL IS JUST SUPERBLY CRISP AND SOLID THE TRIGGER IS HARD TO BEAT AS FAR AS BREAKING ONCE PROPERLY TUNED OR IN THE SINGLE SET IT IS JUST FANTASTICALLY EXECUTED FOR FEEL AND PULL.  I DON'T THINK YOU COULD SPEND YOUR MONEY ANY WISER BY GETTING A CZ 527 IT IS IDEAL FOR PRICE POINT AND THE OPTIONS YOU GET AND THE PERFORMANCE IS CERTAINLY THERE.

OVER HERE IN THE STATES I BELIEVE THEM TO BE ONE OF THE MOST UNDERATED GUNS ON/IN THE MARKET.  I ACTUALLY WISH I COULD GO WORK FOR THEM PROMOTING THE PRODUCT BUT I THINK THEY ARE INTIMIDATED BY THE FACT THAT THEY DO NOT EVEN KNOW HOW GOOD THE PRODUCT IS OVERHERE THEY ARE MOSTLY HUNTERS AND DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW GREAT IT IS TO PRODUCE A RIFLE THAT WITHOUT MANIPULATION CAN GROUP 1/4MOA OUT OF THE BOX SLOWLY THEY ARE CATCHING ON BUT HEY SOME PEOPLE OVERHERE DON'T EVEN KNOW STEYR MANNLICHER OR BLASER AS A COMPETITIVE RIFLE THEY THINK A REMINGTON IS IN THE SAME CLASS AND SWEAR UP AND DOWN ABOUT THEM AS A SPECTACULARLY EXECUTED RIFLE YOU KNOW HOW OVER PRICED THEY ARE OVERTHERE AND HOW LACKING THEY ARE IN QUALITY AND REFINEMENT...

IT IS AWESOME YOU ARE ON THIS FORUM.  POSSIBLY CLOSER TO MY TRAVEL OVERTHERE I COULD LOOK YOU UP... .

Edited by 338LAPUASLAP - October/09/2010 at 21:14
No one
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/09/2010 at 22:31
Originally posted by 338LAPUASLAP 338LAPUASLAP wrote:

HAVE:

527 IN MAPLE .223REM AMERICAIN
527 IN KEVLAR .223REM VARMINT BOTTOM PIC SECOND TO BOTTOM OR 3RD DOWN
527 IN LAMINATE .223REM VARMINT TOP PIC
527 IN MAPLE .204RUGER
527 IN WALNUT .223 REM BOTTOM PIC BOTTOM RIFLE
527 IN 7.62X39 CARBINE WALNUT
THE OTHER TWO IN THE PIC ARE CZ 550'S
TOP .308 VARMINT KEVLAR
2ND DOWN MAPLE .300WM MEDIUM MAGNUM

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM VERY SHORT AND SMALL BUT THEY DO THE JOB, THE LIGHTNESS IS WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THEM I DO ENJOY THE VARMINT IT IS A FASTER TWIST AND A LITTLE HEAVIER BARREL BUT THE RIFLE IS STILL LIGHTER THAN ANY OTHER RIFLE MANUFACTURER AND THE MACHINING IS SOLID AND REFINED. 

CZ RINGS OR WARNE RINGS OR LEUPOLD AS A LAST RESORT...

SINGLE SET TRIGGER (FULLY ADJUSTABLE) YOU CAN'T BEAT WITH DETACHABLE MAGAZINE AND SUPERB ACCURACY RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX.

I AM PRETTY MUCH IN LOVE WITH STEYRS AND CZ'S OUT OF THE BOX ACCURACY COMPETES OR IS SIMILAR TO A BLASER, MERKEL, SAKO, AND THE FEEL IS JUST SUPERBLY CRISP AND SOLID THE TRIGGER IS HARD TO BEAT AS FAR AS BREAKING ONCE PROPERLY TUNED OR IN THE SINGLE SET IT IS JUST FANTASTICALLY EXECUTED FOR FEEL AND PULL.  I DON'T THINK YOU COULD SPEND YOUR MONEY ANY WISER BY GETTING A CZ 527 IT IS IDEAL FOR PRICE POINT AND THE OPTIONS YOU GET AND THE PERFORMANCE IS CERTAINLY THERE.

OVER HERE IN THE STATES I BELIEVE THEM TO BE ONE OF THE MOST UNDERATED GUNS ON/IN THE MARKET.  I ACTUALLY WISH I COULD GO WORK FOR THEM PROMOTING THE PRODUCT BUT I THINK THEY ARE INTIMIDATED BY THE FACT THAT THEY DO NOT EVEN KNOW HOW GOOD THE PRODUCT IS OVERHERE THEY ARE MOSTLY HUNTERS AND DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW GREAT IT IS TO PRODUCE A RIFLE THAT WITHOUT MANIPULATION CAN GROUP 1/4MOA OUT OF THE BOX SLOWLY THEY ARE CATCHING ON BUT HEY SOME PEOPLE OVERHERE DON'T EVEN KNOW STEYR MANNLICHER OR BLASER AS A COMPETITIVE RIFLE THEY THINK A REMINGTON IS IN THE SAME CLASS AND SWEAR UP AND DOWN ABOUT THEM AS A SPECTACULARLY EXECUTED RIFLE YOU KNOW HOW OVER PRICED THEY ARE OVERTHERE AND HOW LACKING THEY ARE IN QUALITY AND REFINEMENT...

IT IS AWESOME YOU ARE ON THIS FORUM.  POSSIBLY CLOSER TO MY TRAVEL OVERTHERE I COULD LOOK YOU UP... .

so do you like them or whatBucky
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
tejas View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tejas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/09/2010 at 23:52
I dont have a 527 but I do have a 550 in .243. Its a real Tack driver and the plain old factory walnut stock is what other companies would market as "select" or higher. It has high gloss blueing and really is built with old worl craftsmanship, as CZ says. Cant say enough good things about the set trigger either.  Ive looked at the 527s and will get one of those soon.
tjtjwdad View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjtjwdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2010 at 00:25
I have a CZ527 American in 204 Ruger.  Mine didn't shoot so hot out of the box but once it was bedded and free floated, it's bug holes @ 200 yds.  A couple of downsides to the rifle (for some);

- The length of pull may be a tad long when the set trigger is used.
- The bolt handle throw is high and this may create bolt handle/scope clearance issues (it did form my Nikon Monarch 6-24x50 (SF)).  However, all I had to do was contact CZ, send the bolt handle in and they modified it for me.  Or, you can contact Jim Calhoon in Montana and he will sell you one for $40 (give or take).

Otherwise, no issues.

Jim
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2010 at 10:28
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

Yeah whats the deal, I'm getting mixed signals. lol
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
lewwetzel View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewwetzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2010 at 11:07
I had the 527 Am. in .221 Fireball. Did the Calhoon bolt thing, etc. A sweet little walking rifle that shot decently with the factory Rem. ammo I tried. Sure wish CZ had made their other 527 calibers in the Varmint model, as I sold mine and bought a Cooper 38 Phoenix in .221 - at twice the price - and haven't looked back (although I sometimes miss that detachable mag.)
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2010 at 11:59
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

im just no sold on itLaugh
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2010 at 13:19
Im really wanting a CZ in 223 and 6.5x55 Swede. I would rather have the same Calibers in Sako Bavarian model but not for 2,000 or approx. 1,200 more...............Ive been reading alot about these CZ rifles and really have not come up with anything negative... Of course if you want a fancy AAA Claro Walnut stock then one will have to move on.....I could fill up a warehouse in Rifle WANTS, Im thinkin I will never out grow this obsession..Bucky
You really have some very fine rifles there 338Wink
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2010 at 15:25

I do not like them...

I LOVE them...

They are the only women I have cheated on my wife with... I have actually fallen asleep in bed with one or two more than once (the only other women allowed in our room)...
No one
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2010 at 15:30
THE BOLT ISSUE IS NOT AN ISSUE WITH THE FACTORY 527 "HIGHER RINGS"... THE PROBLEM IS BURRIS AND LEUPOLD MAKE RINGS (MAYBE OTHER COMPANIES AS WELL AFTERMARKET WARNE...) THAT WILL NOT WORK WITH THE CZ 527 AND A SCOPE OBJECTIVE EVEN REASONABLY SIZED AND ARE ONLY DESIGNED FOR THE INTEGRATED RECEIVER RAIL (16MM ON 527)

THE INTEGRATED RECEIVER RAIL IS A DEFINITE PLUS THEY ARE NOT FOUND TO BE AS "OFF" AS OTHER MANUFACTURERS (WHILE UNFORTUNEATLY IT STILL DOES HAPPEN FEW AND FAR BETWEEN BUT CZ WILL FIX IT UNDER WARRANTY ( I HAVE NEVER COME ACROSS ONE BUT HEARD THROUGH THEIR CUSTOM SHOP THEY HAVE HAD A FEW OUT OF A FEW THOUSAND)...

THAT IS A DEFINTE PLUS, THE FACTORY RINGS ARE $40-50 AND WORK EXTREMELY WELL AND DO NOT NEED TO BE UPGRADED (UNLESS LONG DISTANCE REQUIRED)(BUILT IN MOA)...

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS I AM NOT SHOUTING...

I obviously am a little skewed in my thinking but with the things CZ is doing and has done for years they are on the right path and have been, it is known that a CZ 8mm and or 7mm Mausers is one of the most accurate rifles ever produced and of the highest quality of machining and parts manufacturer for the last 75+ years.  I have never heard "CZ's" rifles called junk or not a shooter...

I also want to say that I know the 527 is not as beefy or bulky as a W M70 or R 700 and some people feel that they are shooting a toy because of this but the accuracy is certainly not deficient.

I have heard people complain of the single stack mag on the 527 and the ring bases being very small and the stock seemingly being "not enough to hold onto" but I do not think these are big factors.

The detachable box mag and the Fully adjustable trigger w Single Set option is very well executed.

If it was not an issue for the original poster on the 452 he will certainly love the 527 the bigger they get the better they get...452 no single set 453 yes single set then 527 then 550...

I have had the 17HMR all the way to the 505 (now 458WM is the highest)  The CZ550 HET .338LM is of course the love of my life... but the DIRTY HARRY 458WM is a close second...

Edited by 338LAPUASLAP - October/10/2010 at 15:34
No one
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2010 at 20:01
Originally posted by 338LAPUASLAP 338LAPUASLAP wrote:

I do not like them...

I LOVE them...

They are the only women I have cheated on my wife with... I have actually fallen asleep in bed with one or two more than once (the only other women allowed in our room)...

um well thanks for the uh clarification on that.Big Grin
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2010 at 20:22

My wife enjoys the .223 Maple as pictured below,  she says its pretty, I load reduced velocity 55grs for her she doesn't even mind the 75gr hotter ones but I figure the more she shoots the more I shoot. The pictures in the 2nd and last are attempts to show the bolt to objective issues as on this scope this is a 3-10x56mm Redfield WideField Illuminator as pictured it gives the Panoramic view so the Objective is not an issue

These last two are to show the size comparison vs. the CZ550 in .308WIN BOTH VARMINT versions BOTTOM RIFLE HAS THE 6.5-20X50MM VORTEX VIPER THEY ARE BLOWING OUT... http://swfa.com/Vortex-65-20x50-Viper-30mm-Rifle-Scope-P11233.aspx
I am impressed with it

Edited by 338LAPUASLAP - October/10/2010 at 20:53
No one
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2010 at 20:41
maple is one of those woods that unless your dead you will fall in love with
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2010 at 21:35
I would love to get a birdseye stock for her (w/ebony) accents or bubinga...
No one
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2010 at 23:13

maple is one of those woods that unless your dead you will fall in love with
+1
Sometimes my tongue outruns my brain and I say something I haven't thought of yet!
WestOfPecos View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestOfPecos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2010 at 00:28
Great pics 338 Lapuaslap!
magshooter1 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magshooter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2010 at 08:22
Originally posted by JF4545 JF4545 wrote:

Im really wanting a CZ in 223 and 6.5x55 Swede. I would rather have the same Calibers in Sako Bavarian model but not for 2,000 or approx. 1,200 more...............Ive been reading alot about these CZ rifles and really have not come up with anything negative... Of course if you want a fancy AAA Claro Walnut stock then one will have to move on.....I could fill up a warehouse in Rifle WANTS, Im thinkin I will never out grow this obsession..Bucky
You really have some very fine rifles there 338Wink

Got a 527 in .223 and a 550 FS in 6.5x55.  Love both!  The single set trigger is sweet!
Some people are educated BEYOND their intelligence.
The Apostle View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Apostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/2010 at 03:44
Originally posted by JF4545 JF4545 wrote:

Ive been reading alot about these CZ rifles and really have not come up with anything negative...

The only negative for me, apart from the fact that some parts are plastic (but I can handle that), is the non detachable sling swivels that come on the Euro style Lux models. The American models have the usual QD studs that come on every other manufactured rifle. These QD studs available on the American models aren't normally available as a spare part (according to the CZ importer here in Australia) but I was lucky to get my hands on four of them from a gun salesman friend. Two have gone on my CZ452 and the other two are going to go on my CZ527 when I get it.

Also, the thread that CZ uses to screw in these non detachable sling swivels and QD studs is diffferent to the thread on the QD studs that you can get in the shops.
John Howard: "We will find any means we can to further restrict them because I hate guns...ordinary citizens should not have weapons. We do not want the American disease imported into Australia"...
puppezed View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puppezed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/2010 at 09:07
I´m looking for a light small caliber rifle because I often carry both rifle and shotgun while hunting grouse and other small game. I don´t really mind combination guns. I´ve been seriously considering CZ 527 Synthetic which weighs only 2.61kg (5.75 lbs) which makes it one of the lightest fairly priced bolt action factory rifles I´ve ever seen.

I´ve read that 527s often require bedding job but that can be a bit difficult because the underside of the bolt frame looks like a maze :) So there are no clear bedding surfaces. How have you managed to do the bedding? Was it difficult? What kind of groups do you get with the non-Varmint models and with which bullet?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic