OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

What power does the bdc work on a Burris FFII?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Dolphin Overton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hometheaterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What power does the bdc work on a Burris FFII?
    Posted: October/02/2010 at 12:19
So, I really don't want to dig through a ton of boxes to find my Burris manual, so I thought I'd just ask here. For the bdc reticle in a Burris 3-9x40 to work properly what power setting does it need to be on? Thanks. 
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2010 at 14:17
  Sounds like 9X for your scope. Found this at Burris's web site:

Ballistic Plex
Precision rangefinders, specialized rifles and more accurate ammunition have removed some of the variables in long-range shooting. However, with a basic crosshair reticle, calculating hold-over is a mix of art, science and just plain luck.
Which is exactly why Burris developed the Ballistic Plex reticle. The key is the copyrighted lower vertical crosshair. With most common hunting cartridges, a shooter can use the reticle to compensate for bullet drop and aim dead-on at targets from 100 to 500 yards out. The need for hold-over guesstimation is eliminated.
Using it is simple. Start by sighting-in your rifle at 100 or 200 yards at your scope’s highest magnification. Then, once you determine the distance to your target, select the appropriate ballistic line. Add slight hold-over or hold-under for in-between yardages and take the shot.

"I ain't got time to bleed!"
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2010 at 16:41
9x is correct
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2010 at 00:08
I have a few of those scopes...9x is correct.
Sometimes my tongue outruns my brain and I say something I haven't thought of yet!
hometheaterman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Dolphin Overton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hometheaterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2010 at 00:53
Thanks guys. I knew someone here would know. I had looked on Burris's site before I asked here, and didn't find it. However, I must have looked over it as I see it was posted from their site above. Thanks again. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic