OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Badger Ring Height for 10fp and SS10x42

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Badger Ring Height for 10fp and SS10x42
    Posted: November/13/2005 at 17:23

Does anyone have a Savage 10fp with a SS10x42 scope running Badger hardware (tongue in cheek...I know that's a fairly common setup).  What ring height did you use?  From eyeballing my setup right now (I have the Badger base (very nice btw)) it appears the Standard height would be too small...seem sthe Medium would be the minimum height, but I'd like to hear from others with the same setup.

Thanks!

Ring Master View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Master of the Rings

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ring Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2005 at 13:35

I have just such a rifle and scope combo. My scope is the SS16x42 (same size as yours) and have it mounted on a Warne Tactical base and the lowest Tactical ring that Warne offers, which is a medium height. This rifle,(which is a 10FPLE2A) scope and ring combination will be featured in the Tactical section of the 2006 Warne catalog. The medium high rings will leave you with plenty of Clarence.

RM

Ron
NRA Life Member
RacialSlang View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RacialSlang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/01/2006 at 20:09

I use the standard height max 50's on mine simply because I had a spare set. The are incredible rings, but definetly overkill for a little .308.  As for the height, the .823 or similar seems to work fine, but then again I have a swept back badger bolt knob on mine as well. If you have the big hideous oversized knob savage puts on some of their tactical scope I could see that thing getting in the way.  In any case, you just chop 'er off, thread the bolt handle and youre good to go.

I have the base with 20moa and it gets me out to 1k yards quite easily, you really can't beat the savage with a little smithing done for the money.

redneckbmxer24 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2006 at 10:17

all you need is badger standard .823", they'll clear fine, and have more than pleanty of room for your BC flip up.

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic