OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Reloading & Ballistics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Dogtown bullets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dogtown bullets
    Posted: September/29/2010 at 11:03
Hey Guys

Do any of you have experience with Dogtown bullets!  More specifically HalfwayUSA teamed with Dogtown and are offering dirt cheap 55gr .224 SP and HP flat tail varmint bullets.

We're talking $52 for 500.

I'm hoping someone here can give me a comparison between Dogtown and say Sierra hollowpoints! 
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2010 at 11:18
I'm interested in anyone's review on these as well.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2010 at 14:09
Halfway should have plenty of reviews on their website regarding this bullet.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2010 at 14:14

We value the opinon and reviews of the users of the site more so than those?  Hell a certain person that names start with "L"  and ends with "Y" could have wrote those reviews.

Edited by SVT_Tactical - September/29/2010 at 14:57
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2010 at 14:19
ShockedLaugh Above
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2010 at 14:49
I've never heard of Dogtown bullits, much less reviewed them.

Lynn
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2010 at 20:31
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

We value the opinon and reviews of the users of the site more so than those?  Hell a certain person that names start with "L"  and ends with "Y" could have wrote those reviews.

Shocked
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2010 at 20:34
There are 8-9 reviews posted on Halfway, all good to excellent!  2-3 report good results in ARs too!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2010 at 20:37
use them, your not out much to try an ass pile of them.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2010 at 20:43
maybe we should just split the cost of 500 bud?  you take 250 and i'll take 250?
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2010 at 07:23
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

maybe we should just split the cost of 500 bud?  you take 250 and i'll take 250?

Budweena?  Wanna do this?
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2010 at 08:05
Yeah we can do that! 

I'll order today!

$52.99
s/h 9.52
=========
   $62.51
       ÷2
=========
   $31.26 for 250

Okay with you?
--Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2010 at 08:11
Thats fine.  I'll mail you some money.  I'll at $5 or put the postage in for for the cost of a USPS flat rate box.
trigger29 View Drop Down
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2010 at 08:10
Interested to hear what you guys thought of these. They have cheap ones in .243 as well.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2010 at 08:15
I just got these yesturday from bud. I will load some up and shoot the first weekend in November and get a range report for you guys. 
trigger29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2010 at 08:26

You didn't happen to look at them and figure out who is making them did you? I wanted to try to get a B.C. for the .243 bullets, but didn't find anyone making a 55 gr.  .243 bullet that looked like that.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2010 at 08:29
No i didn't  Bud has the main box they came in.  He may be able to chime in.
trigger29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2010 at 08:51
Am thinking they have some kind of deal with Nosler. I think the blemished bullets they sell are Nosler as well.

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2010 at 08:59
I believe your right but I have seen some blemished hornadys in the midway selection too.  I may order a few 55gr .224 bullets that look similar and see what i can find out for you.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2010 at 10:00
The dogtowns are flat bottom hollow points!  They came in a white carboard box label as Dogtown bullets.  They look to me like Sierra Hollowpoints but the meplat is rougher!
--Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic