OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Reloading & Ballistics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

rcbs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rcbs
    Posted: September/28/2010 at 20:01
mad props to rcbs again!!!!

i decapped a bunch of .264's last week and then i took the pin out of the full length die and tried to resize those cases and some how i bent the stem that the mandrel and the pin are attached to. i called them this morning right when they opened talked to a nice gal who said she would fix me up.

after i got off the phone with her i was reminded why i use rcbs dies.ExcellentExcellent

thanks rcbs.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/2010 at 20:42
Good deal Hunter, glad your working on the .264 thing again, this will be the year.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/2010 at 20:57
if i take it out, that .300 wby will be hard to deny. and i love the way the wby stock feels when im shooting with it too.

i pulled every bullet and dumped every grain of powder back into their cans and im starting over with her. i had seated the bullets in .020 to see if a little jump was what is needed and no luck. so i had a friend of mine put some jb's bore paste in and lap the barrel and im going to try stuff again at the correct oal. will see what happens.

right now im going to try the following

bullets
120gr ballistic tip
130gr accubomb
140gr sst
140gr sgk

powders
retumbo
h-1000
h-4831
imr4831
imr-7828
ramshot magnum

im running low on rl19 and rl22 so i wont use them, neither did well before.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/2010 at 21:14
I've had good luck with 129gr. SST over 7828ssc.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2010 at 14:44
+1 Hunter,I totaly agree with RCBS,a really great compny,with fantastic CS.
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2010 at 16:00
Same thing happened with me with the same results from RCBS. They rock!
Stevey View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2010 at 23:52
SmileRCBS has always treated me kindly - even when it has been my fault like losing some small part. They promply respond to my emails somtimes like sending the part at their expense by parcel post.
tjtjwdad View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjtjwdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2010 at 11:05
The same here, excellent CS. 
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2010 at 16:43
got the replacement parts today, that means it took them 5 days to send it from california to my house via postal service.Excellent happy as a clam, and back to the bench i go tonight!Cool
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/04/2010 at 21:40
All the way from Oroville, California. Thunbs Up
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic