OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Night Scope?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Backyardshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Night Scope?
    Posted: November/13/2005 at 12:03

I am looking to buy a new scope that will go on my gun that I use for coyote hunting.  I do use this gun a night, within a 150 yd shoot, and a day shoot not past 300yd. The scope that I am considering the most is the IOR 10X56 30mm with an illuminated reticle. The fixed 10 power should give the magnification I need, and better light transmission over a similar variable power. 30mm tube should be a plus. I have yet to look threw A IOR scope, but I understand they should be close to the top on clarity and light transmission.

For about the same money or less what scope variable or fixed would you choose for this task?

ots03 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ots03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2005 at 18:49

For low light use you must go to the experts........the europeans (they hunt allways at night with full moon), like all the european brands, IOR is an exelent choice, also fixed power scopes are rugged and reliable.

personally..for night hunt I prefer the 8x56..but you will love the IOR 10x56 scope.

Also you can choose another euros like meopta or khales.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic