OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Viper 2-7 X 32 C3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2010 at 18:47
hmm i have c3 i wonder if its reticle specific...

hey earl you notice any of this in yours????
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2010 at 19:45
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

Originally posted by martin3175 martin3175 wrote:

ordering one tonight ...

you will like it, what are you going to put it on??

probably my T/C Omega Black powder .. or a 20 ga slug gun ??? I should have the scope mid next week
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2010 at 19:49
it would be perfect for either of those, let us know how it works.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2010 at 19:51
sure thing
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2010 at 08:25
  I've noticed if I mount a scope forward enough,which I don't do,I could eliminate tunnel effect in any of my scopes except one.  I've noticed as little tunnel effect with my 2-7 Viper at 4X as I do with my 4X Conquest.  So yea Pyro I notice some with the 2-7 Viper as with most scopes I've looked through and use/used. But if you have yours mounted far enough forward you just may not be noticeing it.  But I tell you what.  My M8 2.5x20 doesn't have any T/E and if I happen to get in some awkward shooting position I find I lose part of the image. I find that kind of annoying. I don't notice this with scopes having some T/E (I don't like alot of it) so TO ME I like some but not too much and I find it a bit of an advantage.  Just observations from my experiences and what I LIKE in a scope for the way I use it.  One of the most critical features I look for in a scope is edge to edge image clearity.  The edges being blurry or wavy as I move on target is one thing I can't handle.

Edited by 300S&W - September/25/2010 at 08:49
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2010 at 09:58
i had to turn mine side ways to make it happen, just looking through the scope like you would do normally on any power i couldnt make it happen, even on 2x where i suspect the chances of this occurring would be at their greatest.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Cajun Hunter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cajun Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2010 at 13:33
I couldn't pass up this deal.  Need a scope for a 30-30.
csacpt View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csacpt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2010 at 19:36
Noob here and just wanted to say that I ordered one of these today based upon this thread. The C3 reticle looked to be what would work best for fast acquisition at closer ranges with a M1A Scout. I will let you know how it works for me when I get it.
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2010 at 19:41
Welcome to the OT csacpt!

Keep us up to date.
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
csacpt View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csacpt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2010 at 19:57
Thanks for the welcome! This here fancy "pitcher machine" gets more interesting all the time. LOL
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2010 at 06:46
Originally posted by csacpt csacpt wrote:

Noob here and just wanted to say that I ordered one of these today based upon this thread. The C3 reticle looked to be what would work best for fast acquisition at closer ranges with a M1A Scout. I will let you know how it works for me when I get it.
  Hope you  like your as much as I like mine!  Good luck and happy hunting!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2010 at 06:49
Oh and welcome to the OT! 
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2010 at 06:56
 YEP,WELCOME to ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOOOO I'll ask AGAIN,VORTEX.  Is the C3 history?
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2010 at 07:32
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

I think your knocking on deaf ears.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2010 at 07:35
Why do you say that Graham?  Vortex has always been responsive to us on the OT in hte past.
Have they clammed up?
--Thomas Jefferson

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2010 at 07:43
We have asked several times on numerous threads about that issue.  Still every time no response.  I don't think they actually know yet if it has a future and that may be why we haven't been told.  Dont' get me wrong, Scott and Sam are both A+ guys and normally fast responders but this issue is been avoided.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2010 at 22:14
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

i dont know about the c3 but i bet the 2x7 is
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2010 at 23:17
 Probably right.  And ANOTHER low range variable bites the dust.  As for the C3?  I don't know if I'd be interested in a scope of more than 3X on the low X with one.
Cajun Hunter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cajun Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2010 at 06:40
anybody know why they are doing away with the 2x7 it seems to have some popularity on the forum and a good scope.  With all of the hype I had to buy one at that price.  I went with the standard reticle.  I think most buy 40 and 50mm objectives these days.  I think the perception is that the smaller objectives just wont be bright enough.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2010 at 06:51
  The sales numbers just aren't there evidently.  +1 to the rest of what you said.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic