OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Viper 2-7 X 32 C3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 14:00
I ordered three Vortes Vipers a while back, two in 2-7x32 and one 3-9x40, all with the BDC reticle. When the order showed up, the two 2-7x32's had the C3 reticle, so I had an opportunity to look through the scope for a night before sending it back. Looking back, I am thinking I should have kept one scope with the C3....might have to order another before they are all gone.

Josh
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 15:09
 For the type of hunting I do the C3 is one of the best (maybe THEE best after this season) I've come across.  I've used the #4,post and crosshair,and Leupolds Hvy Plex.  I like them all but the circle in the C3 and more specifically it's size sets it apart from the others.  I will admit that it may not turn out to be the best at absolute first and last light but we'll see.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 16:37
I got one with the C3 also, Haven't used it yet, but I'm very happy with the reticle and the scope in general.  I really like the power adjustment ring.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 20:17
Originally posted by lucytuma lucytuma wrote:

I got one with the C3 also, Haven't used it yet, but I'm very happy with the reticle and the scope in general.  I really like the power adjustment ring.

me too, its different but in a good way.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Magnumdood View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnumdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 20:24

Why would Vortex eliminate such a versatile scope?

America - Home of the Free

Because of the Brave
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 20:46
  Seems in the past few yrs there have been quite a few low powered variables that have gone to the wayside.  Remember when there were a few 1' tubed 1.5-6x42's to choose from?
  Why?  Maybe it's the bigger is better mentality.  I just don't know.
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 20:58
ordering one tonight ...
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 21:11

Thunbs Up
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 21:12
Originally posted by martin3175 martin3175 wrote:

ordering one tonight ...

you will like it, what are you going to put it on??
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2010 at 05:57
With his arsenal that would be like asking you to pick out a new gun! Wink

Edited by budperm - September/24/2010 at 05:59
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2010 at 06:04
I'm getting excited!  Wish I wasn't stretched so thin thru Xmas or I'd get more than one!
The C3 was in stock cause it already shipped!!!!  Should be in my hands on Tuesday! 

THANK YOU SWFA!!!  LIGHTENING FAST PROCESSING AND SHIPPING!!!

ExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellent

Edited by budperm - September/24/2010 at 06:05
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2010 at 06:22
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

i wish it was easier for me than it is. problem is that i dont have near enough money to own all of them.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2010 at 06:53
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

i wish it was easier for me than it is. problem is that i dont have near enough money to own all of them.
Smile  Excellent  I'm with you 100% on that Hunter!  100%.  Heck I can't even afford one Alpha glass scope!
--Thomas Jefferson

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2010 at 07:04

That 4200 isn't to shabby but I know what you mean.

JimFromTN View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimFromTN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2010 at 08:45
I just ordered one.  I was going to wait a while and save up to get something more expensive but I just could not justify spending more to get the same quality of optics.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2010 at 08:58
That and the limited availability is why I jumped now too!  Heard a lot of nice things about the Viper line.  Several have compare the glass quality to Bushy 4200 & 6500s.  If it if just close to that quality it's still a steal!
--Thomas Jefferson

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2010 at 09:06
I've got the 2-7x32Vortex Viper. I notice a bit of tunnel effect with it.  I have the BDC reticle. I have had it on several rifes including .375 H&H and 300 WSM so it is tough, and it is now on a 243 and Im not sure it will stay there but its more the right scope for that gun. Given the choice over again today I would not  buy it I would buy a second fixed 6x42 Super Sniper as I like that much better even though it is a larger scope, but it may just be that I like to dial in correction rather than hold over.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2010 at 09:12

Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

Smile  Excellent  I'm with you 100% on that Hunter!  100%.  Heck I can't even afford one Alpha glass scope!

me too.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2010 at 09:14
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

I've got the 2-7x32Vortex Viper. I notice a bit of tunnel effect with it.  I have the BDC reticle. I have had it on several rifes including .375 H&H and 300 WSM so it is tough, and it is now on a 243 and Im not sure it will stay there but its more the right scope for that gun. Given the choice over again today I would not  buy it I would buy a second fixed 6x42 Super Sniper as I like that much better even though it is a larger scope, but it may just be that I like to dial in correction rather than hold over.

really? are you looking through it backwardsBucky???? i didnt notice any and i dont think ilya did with that viper either. the higher powered ones i know he did.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2010 at 18:46
I also noted a touch of tunnel vision in my 2-7 BDC.  It is not pronounced or objectionable.
-Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic