OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Viper 2-7 X 32 C3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viper 2-7 X 32 C3
    Posted: September/23/2010 at 07:38
I am seriously thinking about picking up one the discounted Vipers for hunting and keeping my larger bell scopes for paper.  @ and likely hte looks and reticle of the Viper 2 to 7 X32 w/ C3 recticle.
WHo out there owns one and what do you think of her.  $170 seems like a sweetheart deal!
Give me some feedback guys!  I haven't tried the C3 ret before but it looks like just the ticket for fast and natural target acquisition and centering.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 07:48
i love mine
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 07:55
Hunter do you have teh C3 ret?
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 07:59
sure do, earl has one as well.

Edited by pyro6999 - September/23/2010 at 07:59
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 08:01
From those pictures that Brady posted of them and the reviews on them that reticle is very quick on target acuisition.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 08:23
 " I haven't tried the C3 ret before but it looks like just the ticket for fast and natural target acquisition and centering."

That's EXACTLY what it does.  I also find that the circle helps steady you on small targets at a distance when shooting at the lower magnifications. What the C3 seems to do is eliminate in your mind anything outside out the target area which is within the circle.  And does it fast.
  I REALLY LIKE this reticle for the purposes I intend to use it for and is the reason I contacted the guys here from Vortex. I was wondering if they had plans to offer the C3 in any other scopes. But now since they're dropping the 2-7x32(only scope offering the C3)I'm wondering if they're dropping the C3 reticle all together. Never got an answer to my first concern.

You best jump on one,Bud! 
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 09:26
SO you really like yours too, Earl?
--Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 09:29
I think Earl may sleep with his.....Loco
WestOfPecos View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestOfPecos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 09:45
Bud - I don't have the C3. But when I purchased the Viper, I was looking for a quick acquisition reticle, close to a German #4, that would work in low light. I spent a bunch of time scrutinizing the 3 reticles on the 2-7x32 on the computer.

In the end, because the outside straight lines are significantly thicker on the dead hold reticle, that's what I got. I thought that it work work earlier and later than the other two.

I have not hunted with it yet, but I have tried it out at all times day and night. It needs very little residual light to give you an acquisition picture. I cannot compare it to the Plex or the C3, since this is the only reticle I got - but my conclusion is that it will definitely give me a quick acquisition even in low light.

FYI:-) If you decide against the C3, this is a data point for the dead hold, looking at it from an acquisition speed point of view in low light. Btw - I really like the scope - I am glad I bought it.

Edited by WestOfPecos - September/23/2010 at 09:46
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 10:11
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

SO you really like yours too, Earl?

Thunbs Up   YEP!
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 10:21
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Only in the woods maybe.   Bucky
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 11:17
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

nothin wrong with thatLaugh
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 11:20
I pick on Earl about it but I tell you his testimony of how great that reticle is, probably sold a few with it.  I have debated myself about getting one.  Have something that it just might be perfect on.Wink
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 11:24
i think it would be a great scope for an ar myself.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 11:39
Done deal just ordered one!
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 11:39
Thanks for the input guys!
--Thomas Jefferson

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 11:41
you wont be sorry bud i promise that. its a damn nice scope. i talked a friend of mine into ordering one, and he is a die hard loopie guy.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 11:50
Bud just mount in on the AR you are using now, make sure to leave it on there though when you send it back ! lolWink
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 12:09
I have the Viper 2-7x32 with the C3 reticle.  It is a great match and I prefer it to the BDC.

ILya
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 13:27
  GLAD to hear,Bud.  And as I tell everyone else who says they're going to try one.  1st dibs if you don't like it.  Bucky   Haven't had a taker yet though.

BUT!  Is Vortex dropping the C3?  It's only available in the discontinued 2-7x32.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic