OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Fixed Power Scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fixed Power Scope
    Posted: September/18/2010 at 23:32
    I'm needing a little help picking out a scope around $100-150 for a Stevens .270.   I'm leaning toward a Weaver K-6, but also looking into the Vortex Crossfire 6x40.  Is the Crossfire on the same level as the Weaver?  Or is there any other scopes worth looking at?  Thanks.
powderburn View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powderburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/19/2010 at 11:07
Just my opinion and remember what you paid for it but I would probably go with weaver of the 2 you listed. However for the price range I might suggest the redfield 3x9 or one of the sightron variables. A fixed 6 x is OK but I don't know if durability etc in that price range would be significantly better than on of the variables and either can do what the fixed can and more. I also like the pentax pioneer I recently got on close out. They are a pretty nice package for $109. They are apparently rebadged burris'. Probably the best option however would be to save up another $29 and buy one of the vortex 2-7 vipers for $179. That seems to be the hot deal out there right now. If you are stuck on the fixed power though the weaver would be my choice.
cardiff View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/19/2010 at 11:11
Thanks, I would consider a 3-9x40.
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/19/2010 at 12:09
As I referred to in an earlier post, I checked out the Redfield 3-9 and thought it looked pretty decent. If I was going to stick with a fixed scope, I'd make it a 4X. But with a decent 3-9 or the Vortex 2-7 close in cost, it might well do to consider those options.
Reaction time is a factor...
neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2010 at 20:41
What the hell are Chinese farm bot gold scammers doing here? 
If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.
neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2010 at 20:46

The 2-7 viper is a really good deal. "if your budget can stretch a bit more jump on it"

If it's got to be < $150  This is a good scope.

http://swfa.com/Burris-3-9x32-Timberline-Rifle-Scope-P11002.aspx

If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2010 at 20:52
You might want to check out Burris 4x20 Timberline.This is on SWFA site stock #201312 @ $159.95!
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2010 at 20:55
+1 on the Burris timberline
Sometimes my tongue outruns my brain and I say something I haven't thought of yet!
powderburn View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powderburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2010 at 05:31
You know I just recently ordered and mounted up one of the Pentax Pioneer 3-9x40 on my stevens 200. They are reputed to be a burris fullfield sold by pentax and by looking I believe it. This is a pretty nice scope and it's on sale for $109. It would make a nice alternative in your price range for you imho.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic