OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Leupold Customer Service great?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leupold Customer Service great?
    Posted: September/16/2010 at 09:36
We all (or mostly all) rave about Leupold's legendary customer service.

I e-mailed them on Monday regarding scope modifications. No reponse to date. That in my book falls outside legendary customer service.

I will again shoot off an e-mail and see.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2010 at 09:39
Keep us informed 8's.  Can you sent a read reciept with it to make sure its getting read?
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2010 at 09:46
Unfortunately the only contact e-mail is via their website. It auto sends the e-mail. I have just sent the second e-mail, so I will see.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2010 at 11:50
Originally posted by 8shots 8shots wrote:

We all (or mostly all) rave about Leupold's legendary customer service.

I e-mailed them on Monday regarding scope modifications. No reponse to date. That in my book falls outside legendary customer service.

I will again shoot off an e-mail and see.

Maybe they need to re-model their CS after Vortex.

If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
hometheaterman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Dolphin Overton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hometheaterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2010 at 13:04
Why not call and talk to someone right now? That's what I've always done when dealing with them, and haven't had any issues. 
Ernie Bishop View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2010 at 13:20
Good idea.
Ernie

"If you think you are perfect, just try walking on water."
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2010 at 20:44
Originally posted by hometheaterman hometheaterman wrote:

Why not call and talk to someone right now? That's what I've always done when dealing with them, and haven't had any issues. 

you want to pay for the international long distance phone call from south africa to the united states???
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2010 at 21:02
I used to have an e-mail for their tactical rep who's name is Jerod but I cant find it.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2010 at 21:26
8's if you want to PM me specifically what you want me to ask them I will call them and talk to them for you as well as try to get a direct email address to one of the guys in the tactical shop
dhdoyle View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dhdoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2010 at 22:30
I did the same thing a few months ago - asked the custom shop about the feasibility of putting new turrets on a scope. It took them a few days to respond, but they did answer. 
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2010 at 22:34
Nice going Graham!
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2010 at 01:16
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

8's if you want to PM me specifically what you want me to ask them I will call them and talk to them for you as well as try to get a direct email address to one of the guys in the tactical shop

Thanks my friend. yes I could call them, but then why have the "Contact us" facility on their website.

I wanted their written response that they could modify my Leupold 8,5-25x50 VX111 (not VX3) as follows:
TMR reticule
M1 Tactical turrets.
Then as an aside issue:
Also could they fit M2 tactical turrets (1/2 MOA clicks)?
Also can they fit Mil turrets.

It is a long way to send my scope and then only to be informed they cannot do it etc etc.  So I thought a quick and easy way was to e-mail them.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2010 at 06:18
it takes them a few days to get to your message, im sure they get 1000's of emails everyday. if you dont hear from them by next wednesday then maybe i would get excited.

course when dealing with vortex you get an answer the same day.Wink
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2010 at 07:24

Thanks my friend. yes I could call them, but then why have the "Contact us" facility on their website.

I wanted their written response that they could modify my Leupold 8,5-25x50 VX111 (not VX3) as follows:
TMR reticule
M1 Tactical turrets.
Then as an aside issue:

It is a long way to send my scope and then only to be informed they cannot do it etc etc.  So I thought a quick and easy way was to e-mail them.

I will call them today just so you dont' have to wait.  Will give me something to keep my mind off things
hometheaterman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Dolphin Overton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hometheaterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2010 at 11:24
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

it takes them a few days to get to your message, im sure they get 1000's of emails everyday. if you dont hear from them by next wednesday then maybe i would get excited.

I've actually read of a couple of guys saying they emailed Vortex and not getting a response. Usually they say that when they called they got right through, and Vortex claims their email must have gotten blocked as spam and they missed it. So maybe something happened like that with him.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2010 at 12:32

TMR reticule
M1 Tactical turrets.
Then as an aside issue:

Just hung up with them,

Yes they can do the TMR reticle and yes they can do the M1 Tactical Turrets. Cost is below in USD
TMR - $160
M1 - $140 w/ 1/4 MOA Dials (only option availible)
Turn around time is 3 weeks once they have the scope in hand.

Right now they can't do the M2's but sometime in 2011 they will be able to retrofit a mil turret onto that line of scopes but he didnt' know when in 2011 yet.
WestOfPecos View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestOfPecos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2010 at 13:19
That was really nice SVT.

You are on my good guy list.
snakeman48 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snakeman48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2010 at 13:52
I have experienced their CS email response in the past, and is next to nothing.

I emailed them on 3 different occasions, and only once did they respond, and that was after a week plus  delay.
I ended up calling to get the answers. I mentioned that I emailed the same question, and never received a reply. The CS person I spoke with on that call told me email CS is swamped.
Well hire more people was my reply, to which he had no answer to.

I realize that calling from from your location is cost prohibited.

NRA Benefactor Member.    Veteran; US Army 5th Corps 1970-1972

The only time in my life when I got to Rock-N-Roll, and the ammo was free!!
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2010 at 13:57
Originally posted by WestOfPecos WestOfPecos wrote:

That was really nice SVT.

You are on my good guy list.

Big Grin
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2010 at 20:38
Originally posted by hometheaterman hometheaterman wrote:

Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

I've actually read of a couple of guys saying they emailed Vortex and not getting a response. Usually they say that when they called they got right through, and Vortex claims their email must have gotten blocked as spam and they missed it. So maybe something happened like that with him.

ive got same day service either way, especially with two vortex employees as forum members.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic