OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Swarovski SLC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bowhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swarovski SLC
    Posted: September/15/2010 at 08:00
I am strongly considering pulling the trigger on a set of Swarovski SLCs. Is there a big difference in the optical quality of the SLC compared to the SLC HD. I am just trying to justify the price difference. I hope the experts can help me decide. Thanks for your feedback.
bird_hunter66 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bird_hunter66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2010 at 06:38
I have the SLCs in 7x42 for the past couple of years and love them.  They have the same glass and coatings as the ELs and I couldn't ask for more.  Went through three other pair of binoculars before I decided to pull the trigger and get one of the big three.  Have never looked back since then.  They will last you for years and years and the Swarovski  customer service is the best.  Don't know much about the HD but it would be hard for me to see spending the extra $$ for them. 
D. Holmes
skywalker View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skywalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2010 at 09:21
I pulled the trigger on the 8X30 SLC's, non HD and they are to arrive today!  Cant beat that offer for optics at that price.
Bowhunter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bowhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2010 at 10:31
Thanks for replies guys. I took the plunge and purchased the Swarovski SLC 8x42 HD. All I can say is WOW.

Looking forward to deer season in Alabama and the rut in Kansas.
bird_hunter66 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bird_hunter66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/2010 at 06:26
Bowhunter, I'm sure you will like the Swarovski HDs.  When I bought mine all they offered in the SLC in full size was 10x or 7x.  The 10x was to shaky in my hands and I went with the 7x42.  I simply love them and would never trade them unless I got and upgraded pair of Swarovski but for the price I'll stick with what I have.  If the 8x would have been available when I bought mine I'm sure I would have went with those.  Let us know what you think of them after using them for a few hunts.  Best of luck.  birdhunter66
D. Holmes
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic