OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Kahles 2-7x36 rimfire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kahles 2-7x36 rimfire
    Posted: September/15/2010 at 01:31

I have a chance to pick up this scope on a rifle I'm buying for an extra $325.  I've not seen this scope in person - is it worth the $?

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2010 at 06:58
Yes, as long it's in good condition and there's no lens damage, that's a very good price.  It's an incredible scope!   It's hard to find one of these scopes anymore.  I have one, and in my opinion, it may very well be the finest rimfire scope ever created!  
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2010 at 09:51
Agreed, very nice scope.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
snakeman48 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snakeman48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2010 at 07:59
I just got one that's New in the Box off Ebay. First one I'd seem for sale this year.

Edited by snakeman48 - September/22/2010 at 00:03
NRA Benefactor Member.    Veteran; US Army 5th Corps 1970-1972

The only time in my life when I got to Rock-N-Roll, and the ammo was free!!
madvalkyrie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madvalkyrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2010 at 12:01
$325 is cheap. They are great scopes. Rarely seen for sale. Mine will never be for sale.
SSgtSmitty View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSgtSmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2011 at 09:38
The Kahles 2-7x36 rimfire is a nice peice of glass.

SSgtSmith
cj17 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2011 at 12:58
I was the OP but this deal fell through.  I now am the owner of a Remington 504 and soon hope to be looking for similar glass for it.  The serial # range on mine is above those that had barrel problems so I'm hoping it is one of the track drivers in this model.  Just to be safe I'm going to pull one of my existing scopes and check the rifle's potential before springing for new glass.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2011 at 17:20
I have a 504, and mine is VERY accurate.  Of course, mine is also chambered for .17 Mach II rather than .22LR, so that may have something to do with it.  It shot pretty well out of the box, but after I pillar bedded the action around the round action lug, it became spooky accurate!

If you can find a Kahles 2-7X36 rimfire somewhere, I would encourage you to get it as soon as possible.  It's without a doubt the finest rimfire scope I've ever seen.  If you can't find one, another very high quality scope that would make an excellent rimfire optic is the Zeiss Conquest 2.5-8X32.  Although it too has (sadly) been discontinued, they are still out there available for sale.  It will work well as-is, but if you desire, Zeiss can modify parallax from 100 yds to 50 yds, making it more suitable for rimfire use.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2011 at 20:16
I have the 2-7 Kahles MZ on a 17 HMR. I can see everything very well from up close to far away. The Parallax should not be much problem with this low of power range. I have failed to get shots at squirrels because of the distraction of the view thru the scope. Shocked It being so crisp, clear and excellent contrast. Wink Then taking too long just watching the squirrel. Loco If I ever find a 2-7 Kahles rimfire for sale it will be mine.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2011 at 18:59
great deal I'll take it..
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
cj17 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2011 at 23:46
I actually stumbled across one of these yesterday at a gun show.  The guy wanted $400 for it but the caps had all the bluing worn off of portions of them.  The glass and the tube looked good but I couldn't get past the looks of the caps and didn't want to try and track down new ones from Austria.  I offered $350 and got shot down so I walked.
Spring5XD View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spring5XD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2011 at 12:27
I have a Kahles AH 2-7x36 PLEX that I won in our Gun club raffle.
It was mounted on a rifle and tested uesed one day for testing. It is in Excellent conditon. Would anyone know what it might be worth.
Maint Man
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2011 at 05:08
Welcome to the OT Spring!
Might want to check the dates on the post your responding too.Glad to read that you have one of the best plinking scopes ever made.you ever want to get rid of her let us know.Keep comming back we have a great bunch of people on this sight Big Smile
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Spring5XD View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spring5XD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2011 at 07:28
You guy's talked me into keeping the scope.
Maint Man
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2011 at 17:56
*^&%^$*$Big Grin
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
gremcat View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gremcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2012 at 07:21
 Wonder why all these great scopes in low power are being discontinued? Sorry abit of topic.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2012 at 13:42
Likely, lack-o-sales. Sad
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
gremcat View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gremcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2012 at 16:19
I guess with everyone wanting a 50 + mm scope it was bound to happen
sgt. Poulton View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgt. Poulton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2012 at 06:55

Kahles scopes are famous for it's quality, if I had a chance to grab one for such a low price - I'd do that without any doubt.

Regards.

sgt. Poulton View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgt. Poulton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2012 at 06:59

Forgot to mention, never used a rimfire rifle, but I have some experience with air rifles. For spring action rifles "magnum" class you will need a strong builded scope, and 32 lens is just fine to provide a huge amount of shots without fail or repairs.

Regards

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic