OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

15x Brunton Binos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wshive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 15x Brunton Binos
    Posted: September/09/2010 at 02:01
I'm looking for a pair of high mag binos and considering the Brunton 15x63 Echo ELO. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with these? I'd be using these for detailed glassing as well as a range scope. I'm don't need the quality to be stunning but serviceable at least. I can't seem to find too many reviews on them...
Bird Watcher View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2010 at 11:18
Originally posted by wshive wshive wrote:

I'm looking for a pair of high mag binos and considering the Brunton 15x63 Echo ELO.

I could not find any reviews for the Brunton 15x63 on the internet.

One binocular that you might look into is the Minox BD 15x58 BR ED, it has been discontinued, but, it still is available.
wshive View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wshive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2010 at 13:04
BW, that's no doubt a great set of binos, but it's definitely out of my price range. I have a quality set of 8x Leupolds for most of my glassing. I'm just looking another set for longer range/detailed work, which I frankly won't use nearly as much as my 8x. Hence, I'm not looking to put too much money into it. I can get a REALLY great deal on the Bruntons but just don't wanna waste my money on junk if that's what they are...
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2010 at 13:33
Originally posted by wshive wshive wrote:

I can get a REALLY great deal on the Bruntons but just don't wanna waste my money on junk if that's what they are...

The only way you will know for sure is to have a look through the Brunton.
What kind of a return policy does the seller offer?
A reputable dealer will allow you to test it and return it, if it is not to your liking.
Here is a link for a budget-minded person such as yourself.

http://swfa.com/Nikon-16x50-Action-Extreme-ATB-Binocular-P42218.aspx 

Edited by Bird Watcher - September/09/2010 at 13:35
wshive View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wshive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2010 at 22:35
I don't think the return policy is too robust, hence their cheap prices. If there were carried at a nearby store, I'd definitely go check them out. Since they're not, I was hoping someone has had experience with them, which seems unlikely, lol.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2010 at 09:22
Stick with the Nikon 16x50 Action Extreme, I used the Nikon 16x50 Action several years ago and it was good for daytime viewing, the less expensive Action model is not waterproof like the Action Extreme. The price of the Action Extreme is right up your alley.

Edited by Bird Watcher - September/10/2010 at 09:23
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic