OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Burris Signature vs. Sightron SII

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwgriffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burris Signature vs. Sightron SII
    Posted: September/06/2010 at 07:48
I'm a new member and its good to be here.  I'm building a 6.5 06 and am considering a Burris Signature and a Sightron SII.  I currently have another SII and its very nice.  I have owned Burris Signatures in the past and while the glass is beautiful, I've have had to send them back for problems.   Has Burris quality improved with their new designs?  Any help is greatly appreciated.
Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.   If you're going to be stupid, you'd better be tough too.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2010 at 07:57
 First off  Welcome to OT!!!!!!!!!

Burris scopes have been known for their durability so I can't say if they gotten better. Right off I don't remember any common problems with them.  What kind of problems did you have?

I've got two Sightrons and agree with you that they are NICE scopes.

"I ain't got time to bleed!"
dwgriffith View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwgriffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2010 at 08:02
I had the reticle spin in a 3.5 to 10, and I had a 6X that wouldnt hold zero.  They were fixed but it takes a while with Burris.
Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.   If you're going to be stupid, you'd better be tough too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic