OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

VX-III verses Kahles American?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VX-III verses Kahles American?
    Posted: November/05/2005 at 07:22

I am looking for some imput.  I am wanting to up grade my scope on my "GP" rifle.  I have been able to find VX-III's in 1.75 to 6 and 2.5 to 8, but nobody around here stocks Kahles.  I have been thinking about the Kahles American series 2x7.  I am not looking for magification, but rather clarity and definition(resolution) with very good brightness.  The VX-III are ok, but the glass seems "cold". 

I have looked at the Bushnell 4200 and found them just a bit warmer, but did not like the reticle set up.  I am used to working with pro grade camera optics and may be a bit picky.  I hate getting caught on 9 power when I am in the brush, so please no 3x9s.

I am looking for feedback on the Kahles in comparing the glass, eye relief and service issues.

"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

madvalkyrie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madvalkyrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/2005 at 19:15
I went to buy another VX-III 2.5-8x36 at LL Beans recently for a Cooper 57M .22lr.  I was stunned at how much better the Kahles 2-7x36 was.  Clearer, brighter, more detail.  You name it, its got it.  My woman is an optician and can't belive Kahles can sell them so cheap as the coatings they use are extremely expensive (she definitely knew more than the Swaro rep we were talking to). I own a 2.5-8x36 VX-III on a centerfire gun.  I wish I had two Kahles and no Leupolds!  I think the Leupold looks a little better, but that really doesn't matter.  Optically, the Kahles walks all over the Leupold.
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2005 at 17:40
I can't think of a better scope for a Cooper than the Kahles you mentioned.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic