OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Tikka scout VS 700 sps tactical

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tikka scout VS 700 sps tactical
    Posted: August/31/2010 at 09:52
Any thaughts or experiences comparing these two rifle? I was originally going to get the 700 sps but just came accross this tikka scout. The tikka is $200 or so more but may be worth it. Opinions please
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2010 at 09:55
I have a SPS Tactical in 308.  It comes with the houge stock that is a little flimsy in the forend but there is an easy fix for that.  I am getting better than .5MOA out of it right now at 100yds.  Its smooth, accurate, and easy to upgrade if needed.  There arent' a lot of options for the tikka if you want to upgrade later.

Mine.

Edited by SVT_Tactical - August/31/2010 at 09:58
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Cuda View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2010 at 11:26
SVT did your sps come with the DBM and threaded barrel?
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2010 at 11:27
No, although Remington is offering that on a gun now I had mine done by the company that made the suppressor.  Tactical Suppressed Weapons.  Google them if you want more info on them.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic