OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Mossberg 4x4 Update-----wonderful CS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bboy623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mossberg 4x4 Update-----wonderful CS
    Posted: August/30/2010 at 12:09
Ok guy, many of you know that I went to the range the other day to sight in my Viper 4-12x40 taht I had on my 30-06 Mossberg 4x4.

After messing with it for awhile, the range master came over and helped. We got two shots in the red bull at 100. My shoulder was killing me as it has no real recoil pad to speak of. It was making me flinch and throw my shots; so I stop shooting as I'd just be wasting ammo.

The trigger was less than optimal to say the least. The range master even noticed it and measured it at 6.5lbs!!! I think this was another factor to my troubles for the day.

I contacted Mossberg via email and 1-800 number. The rep on the phone looked up my gun and said that it was made before the LBA trigger system and that was pretty much it. Nothing they could do.

I have dealt with customer service with various retail jobs growing up. I kinda know how it works. The gentlemen I email was ALWAYS very quick with responses and seemed to have a genuine concern for my unsatisfactory with the trigger.

I asked him to see if he could speak to his supervisor and see if anything could be done. I got an email today advising that Mossberg could send a prepaid label for me to ship my gun to them for them to replace the trigger (although NOT a LBA trigger) to one that has a pull to more of my liking--say 4 lbs.

Man, now this is CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!! I'm happy!--BBoy623  Yippee

Edited by Bboy623 - August/30/2010 at 12:12
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6!
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2010 at 12:32
Sounds great.  Let us know when you get it back.  Of course now you have to resight in your scope!
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Bboy623 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bboy623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2010 at 12:36
yea, but it was no where near where I wanted it be!!! :P --Bboy623
Bboy623 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bboy623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/19/2010 at 13:26
****************UPDATE**************************

My 30-06 Mossberg has had a new trigger installed and is being shipped back to me. The rep said this trigger is 3.9 lbs.! A whole lot better than 6.5lbs! Again, great customer service from Mossberg. I can't wait to get it back!----BBoy623
270XBolt View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 270XBolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/19/2010 at 21:32
That is indded very good service!  Let us know when you get it back in your hands. 
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2010 at 23:13
congrats bboy!... glad they worked it out for you!
Sometimes my tongue outruns my brain and I say something I haven't thought of yet!
Bboy623 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bboy623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2010 at 16:53
UPDATE*******************************************

I received my Mossberg back today. Horray...or so I thought!!!!!!!!!!!

The bolt will NOT go into the gun.

Let me be more specific. The "Striker Assembly" needs to turn 90 degrees for it to go in. I can put the bolt in about 1/3..but then the striker assembly hits the back of the gun.

Anyone know how to break down the bolt? 

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bboy623 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bboy623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2010 at 17:59
anyone?
Bboy623 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bboy623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2010 at 18:04
Bueller.......Bueller..........Bueller........Bueller...............................
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2010 at 18:55
  Page 5,Bb:
      http://www.mossbergs.com/manuals/4x4.pdf
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
Bboy623 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bboy623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 07:49
I feel like an idiot now!

Thanks 300---Bboy623
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 07:52
If it makes you feel any better we all think you are too! lol

Just kidding
308 Sav View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 308 Sav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 15:44
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Just kidding

Coke just went out my nose. Thanks.
Gerald Baker
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 15:46
Big Grin
Bboy623 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bboy623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 17:19
Originally posted by 308 Sav 308 Sav wrote:

Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Just kidding

Coke just went out my nose. Thanks.

Hardee har har SVT! Glad I could make someone laugh. Gerald, You might wanna specify which "Coke" flew out your nose. Was it Coca-cola or the Columbian goodness?? That could get expensive if it was the latter Bandito

JK

I was looking on the last page of the owners manual trying to figure out how to break the bolt down. I guess there's actually useful info in that there manual afterall! LOL

Thanks again guys.

And SVT......

Love the new avatar!---Bboy623
308 Sav View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 308 Sav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 17:30
Cola
Gerald Baker
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 20:20
i hate it when soda gets the screen and keyboard.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Bboy623 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bboy623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2010 at 07:40
got the bolt back in and it cycles properly. Trigger feels wonderful from the half dozen times I dry fired it. Only range time now is left once I remount my Viper 4-12x40!--------Bboy623
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2010 at 07:52

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2010 at 07:54
Originally posted by Bboy623 Bboy623 wrote:

got the bolt back in and it cycles properly. Trigger feels wonderful from the half dozen times I dry fired it. Only range time now is left once I remount my Viper 4-12x40!--------Bboy623

Good to hear its to your liking.  Hopefully you can get some good groups out of it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic