OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Spotting Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bushnell Elite Spotter...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Apostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bushnell Elite Spotter...
    Posted: August/30/2010 at 05:13
Anyone got any of them??? Thinking of getting one of the 20-60 ones. Can get these in Australia easily.
John Howard: "We will find any means we can to further restrict them because I hate guns...ordinary citizens should not have weapons. We do not want the American disease imported into Australia"...
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2010 at 19:00
I have a 20-60x80 Elite,The glass is super & the price is very reasonable.Before you buy look into it's limitations on eye pieces,other than that it's a good scope.
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2010 at 21:09
I have used the 20-60X80 Bushy and thought it was a good spotter, just huge.

I used to have a Bausch and Lomb (Now Bushnell) Elite 20-60X70 spotter.  It was a roof prism design similar to the Nikon XL series.  I believe Bushnell still produces it.  I remember it being pretty sharp, but dim at higher powers and touchy on eye relief and eye position.  It was extremely compact and pretty lightweight.  I could see myself getting another as a back up for the Vortex Razor HD.
-Matt
Smileydawg1 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smileydawg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/2010 at 23:25
Bushnell Elite is my only one so I dont have much to compare it too but I see 30cal and .223 holes in paper at 200yrds
Smileydawg1 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smileydawg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/2010 at 23:38
Well not sure what I have it is 15-45 and says Bushnell on it. Thats it. I took the cover off of it, looked at the manual, the case and it says nothing but Bushnell. Thats odd.
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/2010 at 23:51
Originally posted by Smileydawg1 Smileydawg1 wrote:

Well not sure what I have it is 15-45 and says Bushnell on it. Thats it. I took the cover off of it, looked at the manual, the case and it says nothing but Bushnell. Thats odd.

Is it a roof prism or porro prism?
-Matt
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2010 at 16:20
I also have the 20-60x70, I believe there are better options now, but it has served me well.  I probably wouldn't choose it now, but at the time it was good choice.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic