OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting, Fishing & General Outdoors > General Hunting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bushnell Trail Cam from SWFA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bushnell Trail Cam from SWFA
    Posted: August/29/2010 at 17:49

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2010 at 17:55
Cool, Wes. Those coons to the right on the first pic?
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2010 at 17:56
Gotta deer highway going on there.  Thunbs Up
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2010 at 18:32
Definately coons its a gap in the fence about 4 ft wide for game to cross.  Since the Bushnell cameras are new on the market this year Paul got two of them to try them out.   They run on AA batteries and battery life is supposed to be better than most cameras.  We also have a cuddyback and a Primos 46 which is also new this year.  The Primos seems to be triggered by wind as much as by anything else so far but the Cuddyback is the standard of reliability.

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - August/29/2010 at 18:34

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2010 at 18:48
Ok I give up where is the critter and why do I have a full card of this.
At lease we found a coon.
For Comparison

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2010 at 21:44
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

Since the Bushnell cameras are new on the market this year Paul got two of them to try them out.   They run on AA batteries and battery life is supposed to be better than most cameras. 

If you're talking about the Bushnell Trophy cams, which I assume you are since you mentioned AA batts, they aren't new this year.  I've had 2 of them for 2 years now.  The 8MP models are new; mine is a 5MP model.  Battery life is indeed very good compared to other trail cams but even with lithium, I don't get Bushnell's advertised 1 year life.  More like 6 months.  It's a good camera, though... at least the old one was.  The newest version has been a disappointment to me. 

A buddy of mine on my hunting lease has now had 3 of the newest generation 8MP Trophy Cams and they wouldn't get Bushnell's advertised 45ft detection range.  In fact, in our tests, we couldn't get them to detect anything further than about 15 - 20 ft away, so something would have to be very close to the camera for it to take a picture.  He exchanged the first one for another copy, and it wouldn't take a pic of anything further than 20 ft either, so he sent the second one back to Bushnell. 

The screen didn't work on the one he got back from Bushnell.  Bushnell CS has been terrible, making him pay for shipping both ways to get his cam "fixed," only to have the same problem when he got it back from Bushnell.  The people at Bushnell have a total lack of product knowledge about these cameras and have acted like they are doing him a big favor.  He talked to Bushnell CS several times on the phone and the guy he talked to admitted they'd been having problems with the new Trophy Cams.  He said he would personally test one for function and sell it to him at their cost.  Weeks went by with no correspondence, so my friend called him back and asked about the camera.  The CS rep said he tested one and it worked well, getting 10ft detection distance!  When my buddy reminded him they are advertised to have 45ft detection, he acted like that was news to him.  It's a shame because my first gen 5MP Trophy Cams work great and have a good detection range.

I hope Paul either got one of the previous gen 5MP models which were good or he didn't get a lemon 8MP version.

Edited by RifleDude - August/29/2010 at 21:47
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2010 at 01:59
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

Ok I give up where is the critter and why do I have a full card of this.
At lease we found a coon.
For Comparison

sun effects...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2010 at 07:30
I see a few Shooters!!!!!
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2010 at 14:38
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

I see a few Shooters!!!!!

The coons????
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2010 at 14:45

yeah you can shoot the coons, I'll take the boneheads

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2010 at 14:52

All too young...

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2010 at 15:05

For NC.  they'd be monsters! lol

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2010 at 15:10

Do they all look that small to you guys?  I though a couple of them looked "ripe" so to speak.  I need to hunt somewhere besides NC!

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2010 at 15:18

Do they all look that small to you guys?  I though a couple of them looked "ripe" so to speak.  I need to hunt somewhere besides NC!

Just kiddin' you, G.  There are a couple of good shooters...

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2010 at 15:21
I was about to say. 
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2010 at 16:25
Bushnell 5MP Trophy Cam Brown Night Vision Trail Camera Bushnell 5MP Trophy Cam Brown Night Vision Trail Camera
Stock # - 119435C
  • Brown
$199.95
Bushnell Security Case Bushnell Security Case
Stock # - 119653C
  • Brown
  • For Trophy Cam Trail Cameras
$29.95
I figured they were new this year since I didnt see any of them in the stores here last year and this year they just showed up a few weeks ago but you couldnt find the security boxes here so Brady did a good job tracking them down cause the guys here told me they have been backordered for months and were simply not available to be had.

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2010 at 16:29
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

All too young...
That is excatly what Paul thought,  we dont have a photo yet of a shooter buck but we are looking for him.

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2010 at 16:32
Shoot them - why didnt I think of that Ive been using a Deer Harvester.

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2010 at 16:34

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2010 at 16:40
The shooter buck is the one walking away.  (last years photo of him)

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic