OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bushnell Elite 6-24x50 Tactical...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Apostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bushnell Elite 6-24x50 Tactical...
    Posted: August/28/2010 at 00:35
Has anyone got this scope??? And what do you think of it???

I really like my two 4200s I bought previously (the 2.5-10x40 and 4-16x40) so i've got the 6-24x50 on lay-by.

I considered the 6-24x40 side focus model briefly but decided on the 6-24x50 as it was only $100 dearer for tactical knobs and larger objective.
John Howard: "We will find any means we can to further restrict them because I hate guns...ordinary citizens should not have weapons. We do not want the American disease imported into Australia"...
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2010 at 20:44
http://swfa.com/Bushnell-6-24x50-Elite-4200-30mm-Rifle-Scope-P8746.aspx   I have it  the only down side to this scope is the limited amount of internal adjustment so the one I have went on a .223 Tikka of my son's and it has been a nice scope out to 600 yds.   If you need more internal adjustment look at this one.
Sightron 6-24x50 SIII 30mm Riflescope Mil-Dot Sightron 6-24x50 SIII 30mm Riflescope
Stock # - SIIISS624X50LRMD
  • Matte
  • Mil-Dot
  • 30mm
  • Side Focus
  • Target Knobs
$804.95

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
The Apostle View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Apostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2010 at 04:02
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

so the one I have went on a .223 Tikka of my son's and it has been a nice scope out to 600 yds.

Same here. Going on a Remington 700 VSF .223.
John Howard: "We will find any means we can to further restrict them because I hate guns...ordinary citizens should not have weapons. We do not want the American disease imported into Australia"...
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2010 at 17:47
I had one, was somewht disappointed in the upper end image quality.  The lower power 4200s are a gret bargain; however, if long range is the purpose, I'd either:

1.  buy less magnification and better glass
2.  Spend more to get better glass AND magnification.

Mistake #1 in long range shooting: giving up glass quality for more magnification, and it never works out well.

My favorite 1,000-yard gun wears a 3-15X and I am happy with it.  At >20X, I don't like watching my miinute movements in the reticle.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
The Apostle View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Apostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/09/2010 at 19:26
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

I had one, was somewht disappointed in the upper end image quality.

Yeah, the view gets noticably more milky as you increase the magnification but it's still very usable...
WestOfPecos View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestOfPecos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/09/2010 at 21:21
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

My favorite 1,000-yard gun wears a 3-15X and I am happy with it. 

Z5?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic