OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Butler Creek & Zeiss Conquest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bboy623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butler Creek & Zeiss Conquest
    Posted: August/24/2010 at 21:00
Hey guys, I bought some Butler Creek pop-up scope caps for my Conquest a few months back. Well, I just got around to putting them on tonight. The one on the end fits perfectly. The one closest to your eye DOES NOT fit. The Conquest has a think rubber piece for focusing and the BC cap I have is the same size. I need one thats about 1/8" bigger so it will slip over. The clerk looked up the cap sizes I needed in his reference chart, specifically for the Conquest. #1) What size do I need? #2) Has Zeiss changed anything and thats why the one I have doesn't fit??---Bboy623
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2010 at 21:09
check with cfII or brady or david or chris tomorrow.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2010 at 21:15
what number size do you have now?  get the next number up?

Edited by SVT_Tactical - August/25/2010 at 12:14
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2010 at 21:35
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

check with cfII or brady or david or chris tomorrow.

Thunbs Up
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Bboy623 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bboy623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2010 at 21:36
its a 3-9x40 Conquest. But its not as simple as the objective...there's different numbers corresponding to the objectives.....I have like a #25 and #19 or something like that. Why it couldn't be by objective I don't know.----Bboy623
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6!
onfinal View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onfinal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2010 at 22:31
Bboy...FWIW, I have called SWFA on two different occasions to get Butler Creek cap sizes for different scopes. They gave me wrong sizes both times. Because the sizes given didn't sound quite right or jibe with my own measurements, I ended up taking the already-mounted scope(s) to a large gun shop here and the sales clerk and I tried caps until we got it right--or not. 

The first time I hauled rifle + scope down there the ocular cap that fit was two sizes bigger than the size I was told over the phone by SWFA. The second time I discovered BC doesn't make an objective cap that will fit that particular scope and I ended up getting a "less expensive" but effective (and free) cap from Sightron, who said I should have called them in the first place.

Not trying to start anything here, and I'm sure the folks at SWFA meant well and were trying to help. Just saying if there is a store with BC display anywhere near you, take your scope in and try 'em on. Most places are happy to help even if the scope is already mounted.
Dshusker View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dshusker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/2010 at 11:52
I am reluctant to blame SWFA.  I own six 3X9X40 Conquest scopes and  four fit 26/19. One takes a 25/19, and one takes 25/18.  Personally, I believe Butler Creek packages them incorrectly on occasion. Why would a 25 fit on one scope and not another? I am probably all wet but just seems strange that 19 fits five of six and 25 only fits two of six?
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/2010 at 12:16
Its hot material poured into a mold, sometimes they dont' have the same diminsions but If the SWFA folks tell you a number its because they have hand tested it on the scope.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
tejas View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tejas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/2010 at 17:45
This is how I found the ones for my Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40, which btw are #25 and #14.

Ive used this chart three times total and its worked for me.

Dshusker View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dshusker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/2010 at 18:45
No way the eyepiece is 14
cornhuskid View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornhuskid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2010 at 09:07
Anyone have the correct info on this?  I'm in the same boat.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2010 at 10:01
Call SWFA and ask.  1-972 SCOPE-IT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic