OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

I thought I'd share this one with you guys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I thought I'd share this one with you guys
    Posted: August/24/2010 at 16:52
If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2010 at 17:07
Right on Song......I was in NYC when it happened & those pictures still bring tears to my eyes.GOD Bless America & F--K the Mosque.These people didn't do anything to defend America so how is it that they are entitiled to Freedom of Religion in one of our sacred places?
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2010 at 17:15
Brings a lot of feelings back. 
I'm classic shag nasty type.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2010 at 19:01
words can't express the anger I feel and I imagine other feel that this is even an issue
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
JLud View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2010 at 22:14
hmmmmmm
That thing on the left....my old ride, some days I miss her.
scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/2010 at 06:47
I know this statement isn't going to be well received but it is meant to provoke thought.  (my personal opinion is withheld and this question does not portray my opinion on the matter)  I simply would like to hear everyones thoughts on this as the world is watching our decision as a nation.  Keep the responses civil.

If we say no as a nation.......

Do we compromise one of the fundamental principles our country was founded upon?  Do we let our enemies redefine who we are as a nation?  Remember our roots when you answer these questions, religious persecution and suppression... Also remember this isn't the first time in our history as a country nor as the human race that killing innocent people in the name of a religion has occurred.

OOOps, one more item.  There is a distinct difference in 'not' wanting it there and 'legally blocking' it from going there.

Edited by scooter65 - August/25/2010 at 06:49

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/2010 at 08:47
This is my opion on the subject;

As far as the fundermental principles go,the people on top are walking all over them.Can you imagine our for-fathers hear that 3% who don't beleive in the word God are being catered too,hummmm.The list goes on & on.

Was there ever a US president who bowed before an Enemy?  

When I did my tour in the military,I swore an oath to defend this country both abroad & at home from enemies that would try and harm us,I would do it again and now if I was ask.

I love the constitution,although not perfect it's the best there is any place in the world I stand behind the constitution,including Freedom of Religion.My beef is not about the Mosque being built only in the location.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/2010 at 08:58
I beleive this is the problem Isreal is having at the Gozza strip,different religions at the same sacred grounds &nthere is no end in site for the fighting to stop.Do we really need to have that kind of a problem here?

The enemy & the world is laughing at us,put the Mosque a few blocks away & stop spitting in our face.Come on Bloomberg use a little[ready for this]COMMONSENSE.

Sorry for being so long winded & please excuse my spelling.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/2010 at 09:41
Answer this; A Greek Orthadox Church was destroyed when the towers fell in NY, yet their request for a permit to rebuild has not been approved.
If the Southern Baptist wanted to build a Church next to the proposed Mosque, do you think they would be granted a permit.
Whenever Muslims conquor a nation the first thing they do is destroy the highest religous symbol and build a mosque on it.
Is the real intent of the Muslims to build a 13 story (why 13) 100 million dollar Mosque at Ground Zero and open it in 13 months on the 10th anniversarry of the attack, or is it to show the rest of the world and Muslims how outraged and hateful Americans are towards Islam?
Have we elected a Muslim as our leader? Is he a Marxist taking advantage of the situation?
Our war on radical Islam started on 9-11-2001, radical Islam's war on us started over 50 years ago.
There are Muslims that are outraged about the Ground Zero Mosque, but they are having trouble havig their voice heard. Why?
There are many more questions, and if you look for the truth you will see them.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/2010 at 17:03

Every time they cost us a freedom they win.

I don't see this one as a freedom of religion argument. They are not being asked to not practice their religion. The are not being asked to change religious affiliation. They are not being fined or jailed for the practice of Islam. What rights are they saying are being trampled or infringed upon?

They seem very confrontational for a group that claims they want to build a bridge of peace and understanding. 

I'd love for someone to show me where it's written in our Constitution that any group has a right to build a church at any location they want. It ain't there. 

If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2010 at 16:22
I am not infringing on there rights to worship, I will FIGHT to infringe there right to worship THERE!
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic