OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Nikon Service

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lurchernz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nikon Service
    Posted: August/24/2010 at 05:19
three or four years ago I bought a nikon monarch UCC 3-9X40 It's been a good scope. recently the rubber ring that goes around the eye piece at the occular lens fell off.

First I emailed both NikonUSA.com and nikonhunting.com  both places sent me an identical (automated I guess reply) stating I should ring the service facility in El Segundo CA. I tried to do this twice but each time I got put on hold for a long period of time and eventually I hung up (an expensive business when ringing from New Zealand).

I contacted the USA retailer I bought the scope from. He said he woudl try and contact them but had generally found they were very slow in responding. He has not had any response to his queries either.

Does anyone have an email address for the El Segundo facility or and other ideas on how I could make some headway on this.....

What have other people's experiences been with nikon service. I have always had great service from Leupold. I don't know if i'd buy another Nikon product after this.....
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2010 at 05:22
That sucks...but I cannot help.
bman940 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bman940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2010 at 07:51
Lurchernz, You are in luck. I have a new Nikon M-223 3-12x42SF (awesome scope by the way) and Nikons Full Lifetime Warranty should cover your problem. I have the contact information that you need as well. 

Try this e-mail address  
agoess@nikon.net

Also this phone number to Nikon USA (sorry can't find a toll free #) 631-547-8634 contact Adam Goess

Fortunately I have never had an issue with any of my Nikon scopes or Bino's but if I did I know Nikon will stand behind their quality product. Hope this info helps and let me know how it all works out for you.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2010 at 20:38
Originally posted by Lurchernz Lurchernz wrote:

three or four years ago I bought a nikon monarch UCC 3-9X40 It's been a good scope. recently the rubber ring that goes around the eye piece at the occular lens fell off.

First I emailed both NikonUSA.com and nikonhunting.com  both places sent me an identical (automated I guess reply) stating I should ring the service facility in El Segundo CA. I tried to do this twice but each time I got put on hold for a long period of time and eventually I hung up (an expensive business when ringing from New Zealand).

I contacted the USA retailer I bought the scope from. He said he woudl try and contact them but had generally found they were very slow in responding. He has not had any response to his queries either.

Does anyone have an email address for the El Segundo facility or and other ideas on how I could make some headway on this.....

What have other people's experiences been with nikon service. I have always had great service from Leupold. I don't know if i'd buy another Nikon product after this.....

a little super glue will fix it.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2010 at 20:52
mine on my Monarch's fell off too, a little glue holds it .. Nikon CS is suspect at best
Lurchernz View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lurchernz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/2010 at 14:57
I just heard back from the guy I purchased the scope from he is hopeful that he might have the part in 3-4 weeks we shall see....

You can bet if I get a replacement I will be expoxying it on!
bman940 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bman940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/2010 at 17:29
I have never needed any types of service for any of my Nikon products and I have a bunch. I can say it was easy to find the info. you needed in order to get your repair completed. You have the info if you decide to send it back to Nikon Lurchernz.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic