OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Favorite Bands?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckk1106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2010 at 23:49
Originally posted by OVERK!LL OVERK!LL wrote:

I listen to alot of Tool. My favorite genre is grunge but I listen to all different style. No rap and no country though.

I like the band Tool, also.

Edited by ckk1106 - August/29/2010 at 11:15
bricat View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bricat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2010 at 00:45
You like huge tools?      ~
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2010 at 16:48
Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

I've always liked a wide range and variety of music, I try to teach my daughter to appreciate the same (alternative/soft/classic rock, blues, classical, country, jazz, oldies, pop, punk, raggae, r&b, soul, etc.)

I have way too many favorite bands to mention so to make it simple... the early years Zep was my top fav, today it's RHCP. The past couple of years I've listen mostly to country music on the radio. 

Whateva!!!  Roll Eyes
Don't let Mike 650's legendary modesty fool you, good people into thinking he's a casual rock listener. He's a certified rock oracle!! A PIMP!!  
He's forgot more about R&R than most people will ever know.

Keep on rockin, Mike!!  Head Bang 
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2010 at 16:50
What the....NO mentions of Thin Lizzy, April Wine, Steely Dan, Black Oak Arkansas...(gulp)...Humble Pie??   
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2010 at 17:10
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

I've always liked a wide range and variety of music, I try to teach my daughter to appreciate the same (alternative/soft/classic rock, blues, classical, country, jazz, oldies, pop, punk, raggae, r&b, soul, etc.)

I have way too many favorite bands to mention so to make it simple... the early years Zep was my top fav, today it's RHCP. The past couple of years I've listen mostly to country music on the radio. 

Whateva!!!  Roll Eyes
Don't let Mike 650's legendary modesty fool you, good people into thinking he's a casual rock listener. He's a certified rock oracle!! A PIMP!!  
He's forgot more about R&R than most people will ever know.

Keep on rockin, Mike!!  Head Bang 

Shocked      Roll on Floor Laughing
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2010 at 18:51
Yippee 

Sad But no.....................................????????

"I ain't got time to bleed!"
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2010 at 19:12
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

Yippee 

Sad But no.....................................????????

yeah mark "claims" that ac/dc died with bon scott, i always remind him that their best selling album ever was lead by brian johnson. cheap dont care.Shocked
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2010 at 19:22
AC/DC continued to perform after Bon Scott??? I thought that was a tribute band.   Big Smile

(edited because I can't spell the lead singer's name that I like better) Bucky

Edited by mike650 - August/29/2010 at 20:12
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2010 at 19:30
you on that band wagon too mike??
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2010 at 19:49
 They STILL sound good to me!

Been having server problems (about to go POSTAL!) for quite a while. Thought it was my side or anti-virus problems.  So if I ABRUPTLY leave don't take it personal.  Bucky
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2010 at 20:09
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

you on that band wagon too mike??

Oh no, no band wagon my brother, it's well documented how I feel (on another thread)... I feel the same way about Van Halen and Van Hagar.

You're 100% correct that AC/DC's "Back in Black"  (first album with the "other guy") propelled them into "world wide super stardom". Brian Johnson was an excellent replacement, I just like Bon Scott better, that's the AC/DC band I grew up with.

I do like AC/DC II... "Knockin' me out with those American (Indian) thighs".... (Ahhh the memories...  Big Grin ... story for another time). 

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2010 at 20:24
i obviously wasnt around when bon was alive, but i have plenty of ac/dc albums in my collection that he sang on, i miss the bagpipes so much. he was more of a show man than brian for sure.

im sorta split on the whole van halen van hagar thing, i really like For unlawful carnal knowledge as well as balance. to be honest the van hagar sound to me is a different version of the band. different style and a different sound. def leppard somewhat did that as well with some of the later albums they made slang and x both werent your typical def leppard records, and that was ok. the old def leppard stuff is by far my favorite, but as far as van halen goes eh im not sure, i will say that 1984 like back in black, was pretty much issued to anybody born in that era and for good reason.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2010 at 21:50
I heard VH is back in the studio right now making a new album with Diamond Dave back on vocals again.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2010 at 22:08
i heard that as well, i wonder how it will go?
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2011 at 08:55
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
KY Hick View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KY Hick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2011 at 13:05
Some good blues, Hank Jr, Charlie Daniels, and a good bottle of KY. Bourbon and I got a good night!!
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2011 at 13:18
Originally posted by KY Hick KY Hick wrote:

Some good blues, Hank Jr, Charlie Daniels, and a good bottle of KY jelly. Bourbon and I got a good night!!

Thats how it would read if SVT wrote it.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic