OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Favorite Bands?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favorite Bands?
    Posted: August/23/2010 at 20:53
So what did you guys grow up listening to? Who are some of your favorite bands?

My dad was a huge blues fan and i remember playing tapes from SVR "Texas Flood" (still one of my favorite albums of all time), Muddy Waters, James Cotton etc.....I still listen to a good amount of blues to this day because of my dad. Love the guitar sound that comes from the blues.

I enjoy a lot of the classic rockers, like ZZ Top, Zepplin, Pink Floyd, Stones, Hendrix. And yes i am only 26 but i prefer the older stuff, when music was damn good and less about the industry. Everything is incredibly corporate nowadays and sounds so much alike.

I actually didn't care much for country as a kid, but really got into it during high school,  and i was from a damn rural area lol. No traffic light in the entire county ought to tell ya something. Wink Brooks and Dunn, George Strait and the older Alan Jackson stuff occupies a lot of file space on my computer. Johnny Cash is way up there as well.

Alice in Chains is another band i love. So much raw emotion there and Layne Staley had one of the greatest voices in rock, ever.

What about you guys?
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2010 at 21:07
shooter... my taste in music runs rather eclectic as well, and all of those bands you mention are right up there on my favorites too! I would add clapton, aerosmith, nickel back, and gary alan. And hell, I still live in a rural town like that! The mail lady will call me on my cell phone if Im not home and ask me if she should leave a package for me on my porch, or with John across the street!!
Sometimes my tongue outruns my brain and I say something I haven't thought of yet!
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2010 at 21:30
I've always liked a wide range and variety of music, I try to teach my daughter to appreciate the same (alternative/soft/classic rock, blues, classical, country, jazz, oldies, pop, punk, raggae, r&b, soul, etc.)

I have way too many favorite bands to mention so to make it simple... the early years Zep was my top fav, today it's RHCP. The past couple of years I've listen mostly to country music on the radio. 
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2010 at 21:37
i grew up with a lot of country music. i do like classic rock, as well as alternative and metal.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
ckk1106 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckk1106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2010 at 22:54
Pink Floyd.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2010 at 23:19
70's classic rock, blues, funk, some country, jazz.  I like many different styles of music as long as it's well played.

I can't stand most pop "hit" music flooding the airwaves today.  No originality, no soul, no real talent.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
bricat View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bricat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2010 at 09:55
I have such a wide variety of musical tastes that I can't pick just one favorite. I graduated in 1985 so I am kinda partial to the "big hair bands"  Tesla and Poison are probably my favorites in that category. I am a HUGE Hall and Oates fan. I love Neil Diamond, John Denver and Sade. And let's not forget one of my all time favorites Mr. Ted Nugent - not just musically but because I like his attitude and find him quite entertaining. Just saw him in concert 3 weeks ago, I could give you a page long review of how great the concert was but I don't want to hijack the O.P.'s thread!
ckk1106 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckk1106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2010 at 10:32
Originally posted by bricat bricat wrote:

I have such a wide variety of musical tastes that I can't pick just one favorite. I graduated in 1985 so I am kinda partial to the "big hair bands"  Tesla and Poison are probably my favorites in that category. I am a HUGE Hall and Oates fan. I love Neil Diamond, John Denver and Sade. And let's not forget one of my all time favorites Mr. Ted Nugent - not just musically but because I like his attitude and find him quite entertaining. Just saw him in concert 3 weeks ago, I could give you a page long review of how great the concert was but I don't want to hijack the O.P.'s thread!

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2010 at 10:34
Thunbs Up
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2010 at 14:54
Do-Whop,they were all good!
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
BobC View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2010 at 15:36
I now listen to Christian Rock most of the time my favorites being Third Day, Mercy Me, Jeromy Camp and News Boys.
Zeppelin. Pink Floyd and Clapton where my high school favorites. I strongly dislike most country and hate hair bands with a passion. I still have relapses into Zeppelin. Pink Floyd and Clapton on rare occasions.
I like some Blues, Jazz and even some Classical.
One of the very few newer rock bands I like is 3 Doors Down.  

Edited by BobC - August/26/2010 at 15:55
VYD View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VYD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2010 at 21:42
Grew up on Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Queen, Black Sabbath, J. Hendrix, Pink Floyd, The Doors, CCR, Grand Funk Railroad, Free, BS&T, Cream...to name a few Yippee
eurolynn View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eurolynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2010 at 22:22
Pink Floyd
Beatles
Eagles
Heart
Willi Nelson
Jackson Browne
Bad Finger
Chuck berry
ELO
Jimmi Hendrix
KISS
Steve Miller
George Straigt
Garth Brooks
Queen
Tempations
Peter Framton
Manfred Mann
BTO
Van Halen
Boston
Doobie Brothers
Joni Mitchell
Linda Ronstadt
Buck Owens
Waylon Jennings
The Sweet
Springsteen
Meatloaf

This is just on my iPod. 

The only 'new' talent I like is Norah Jones, she's not a karioki act.  She even recorded with Willie.
"Guns aren't toys! They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face!"
ckk1106 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckk1106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2010 at 22:33
Originally posted by eurolynn eurolynn wrote:

Pink Floyd
Beatles
Eagles
Heart
Willi Nelson
Jackson Browne
Bad Finger
Chuck berry
ELO
Jimmi Hendrix
KISS
Steve Miller
George Straigt
Garth Brooks
Queen
Tempations
Peter Framton
Manfred Mann
BTO
Van Halen
Boston
Doobie Brothers
Joni Mitchell
Linda Ronstadt
Buck Owens
Waylon Jennings
The Sweet
Springsteen
Meatloaf

This is just on my iPod. 

The only 'new' talent I like is Norah Jones, she's not a karioki act.  She even recorded with Willie.

I like your list.Big Smile
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2010 at 22:37
they all have weed in commonBucky
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2010 at 22:44
Hippie
VYD View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VYD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/2010 at 08:18
weed is the part of the culture. very important one Smoking
OVERK!LL View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OVERK!LL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/2010 at 08:31
I listen to alot of Tool. My favorite genre is grunge but I listen to all different style. No rap and no country though.
OILFIELD TRASH!!!
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/2010 at 08:47
I am not a big music listener.  Most folks have the radio going in the car when they drive and all.  I listen to the supercharger whine! lol  When i do have the radio on I listen to all types from country to rock.  Bout the only thing i dont' listen to is that beat your head against the wall heavy metal stuff.  My truck has a 6 disc changer adn I have no CD with one genre on it.  The one that get played the most has Rehab, everlast, country, nickleback, and believe it or not eminiem. lol
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
OVERK!LL View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OVERK!LL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2010 at 06:59
Rehab? Now your talkin.
OILFIELD TRASH!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic