OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

optic choice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmith13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: optic choice
    Posted: August/22/2010 at 21:21

I just bought a new to me Remington 700 Sendero in 308. This will be my first long range gun. I have a 100yd range at my house and have access to a farm across the road where I can shoot about 300yds.  I would like to be able to eventually stretch it out to 600-1000yds if I can do my part.  I am currentyl looking at the Millet 6-25x56 LRS-1 with mil/mil adjustment.  Or a super sniper not sure which one would be best for me.  What do ya'll reccomend for what I have.  BTW the Millet at $470 is the max for my budget right now do to the new gun purchase.  Or if someone can reccomend something else that is less money that would be great too.

billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2010 at 22:14
I would recommend the Super Sniper. While have not used the Millet, my S.S. rocks. The glass is more than adequate, and turrets are both reliable and repeatable. Not to mention Customer Service from SWFA is top notch.
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
JLud View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2010 at 22:26
Since its a bolt and sounds like just targets imagine a fixed power would be ok?  With that in mind, the 10x SS at 299, plus any accessories you need (mil dot master, flash kill, covers) could all be included for less then the millett.

If you are wanting to spend even less, I have an Elite 3200 fixed 10x that is a great scope and has adequate adjustment for that range.  In my limited experience and scope budget, havent found anything that really works decent using it past 16 or so power, even on prairie dogs.
That thing on the left....my old ride, some days I miss her.
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2010 at 22:37
+1 SS, but I would consider the 6X given most of your shooting will be 300 and in.
-Matt
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2010 at 03:33
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2010 at 04:29
Welcome to the OT.  First off, the SS would be way better than the millet.  You may also want to check out the Vortex Vipers on closeout though.  Some of the 6.5-20's are a steal right now and are a great buy. So for me the Vortex Viper or the SS would be the only choices i would consider
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2010 at 08:34
Welcome to OT.+1 with SVT
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic