OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

What's YOUR favorite scope that you OWN!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: What is your favorite scope that you own?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [23.68%]
2 [5.26%]
3 [7.89%]
2 [5.26%]
2 [5.26%]
1 [2.63%]
2 [5.26%]
1 [2.63%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.63%]
6 [15.79%]
5 [13.16%]
2 [5.26%]
2 [5.26%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sniper6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2010 at 22:53

My #1 scope without a doubt is Premier 3-15X50 Gen2 XR, It is extremely clear, always holds and returns to zero, Built damn tough and I love the turret design.

Edited by Sniper6 - August/22/2010 at 22:59
What a great hobby!
ckk1106 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckk1106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2010 at 23:13
I don't have any really expensive scopes, but the one the I like the best is my Nikon Team Primos.  My Zeiss conquest looks to have better glass, but I haven't had a chance to use it much yet.  I've been able to use my Team Primos on both elk and a black bear.  Big Smile
bricat View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bricat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2010 at 00:52
Zeiss Conquest  4X32
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2010 at 07:05
S&B 1.5-6X42 Zenith #9 w/ Flash Dot by a nose over a few other favorites.  An incredible scope.

But, I have several other scopes I also love right up there with the S&B, so that's likely to change periodically depending on which one I'm using at the time.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2010 at 08:05
Conquest 3.5-10x50 #4 ret. hunting.......SS10XHD for reaching out......Minox Z5  4-20 for plain old .22lr things.
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
cornhuskid View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornhuskid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2010 at 08:52
Schmidt & Bender PMII 4-16x50, single turn dial...
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2010 at 10:03
Swaro A/V 3-10x42, CFII gave me a great deal on a samplelist scope.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2010 at 13:54
hands down, Conquest 3-9 w/Z600 closely followed by 3.5-10x44 Zplex

What I really need though is a genuine mil/mil something like SS as i keep drifting towards long- distance shooting for fun. Have more scopes right now than rifles that need 'em so need to get more rifles, too. Just can't help myself- keep trading stuff... not sure why that is.

If I had a Swaro, that would be my fave...

Edited by Alan Robertson - August/23/2010 at 13:55
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
TheDuke View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDuke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2010 at 14:07
I like the Swarovski z6 but they are $$$. I tend to use conquests 3.5-10 and 4.5-14x44's
Prieto9000 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prieto9000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2010 at 14:33
I´m love with my 2 Vipers right now. Let´s see what happens when i decide to get something else. I used to be a leupold fan but this vipers really made me change my mind.
Bboy623 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bboy623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2010 at 14:38
Originally posted by Prieto9000 Prieto9000 wrote:

I´m love with my 2 Vipers right now. Let´s see what happens when i decide to get something else. I used to be a leupold fan but this vipers really made me change my mind.
 I appreciate the dagger in my heart Preito9000!!! LOL I'm waiting on my Viper 4-12x40!--Bboy623
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6!
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2010 at 15:44
Originally posted by jgm1981 jgm1981 wrote:

OK NO ONE BASH ME FOR THIS but currently my vx 3 long range is my favorite. But my new Kahles or Zeiss or Swaro im about to order will surely take its place

Hey!
I don't think anyone can reasonably bash you for having a VX3 as they are fine scopes for the niche they fill.

They aren't quite as nice as a Diavari or some other top shelf scope, but you can buy a whole handful of VX3's for  the price of a Z6, so it's all relative.
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
Prieto9000 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prieto9000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2010 at 16:55
Originally posted by Alan Robertson Alan Robertson wrote:

OK NO ONE BASH ME FOR THIS but currently my vx 3 long range is my favorite. But my new Kahles or Zeiss or Swaro im about to order will surely take its place

Hey!
I don't think anyone can reasonably bash you for having a VX3 as they are fine scopes for the niche they fill.

They aren't quite as nice as a Diavari or some other top shelf scope, but you can buy a whole handful of VX3's for  the price of a Z6, so it's all relative.

mmmmmm. On the contrary. You can buy almost 2 Monarchs for the price of a VX-3 or maybe 3 Vipers for the price of a VX-3 and still have a better better glass on your rifles. VX-3´s are extremely over price IMO There are cheaper better scopes out there on the market. If I had the money for a Z6 I would definetly buy it, but i wouldn´t buy another VX-3 for nothing in the world. I alredy own a VX-III and I´m not planning to get rid of it, but i wouldn´t buy another one for sure.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2010 at 17:05
Originally posted by Prieto9000 Prieto9000 wrote:

Originally posted by Alan Robertson Alan Robertson wrote:

Hey!

mmmmmm. On the contrary. You can buy almost 2 Monarchs for the price of a VX-3 or maybe 3 Vipers for the price of a VX-3 and still have a better better glass on your rifles. VX-3´s are extremely over price IMO There are cheaper better scopes out there on the market. If I had the money for a Z6 I would definetly buy it, but i wouldn´t buy another VX-3 for nothing in the world. I alredy own a VX-III and I´m not planning to get rid of it, but i wouldn´t buy another one for sure.

From reliable reports on this website the VX-3 is a significant improvement over the older VX-III and the price hike was minimal.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2010 at 17:32
Kahles CL The 2-7 MZ  sits on my favorite rifle. Thanks Tip69 and Koshkin.

Edited by 3_tens - August/23/2010 at 17:33
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2010 at 17:38
I agree, Mike... I don't own a VX3 but I've looked through them side/side with some more expensive Euro's and the VX3s are pretty fair scopes. They're certainly not Diavari class, but good nevertheless.

Still, Prieto is right about Monarchs being less expensive than VX3's, but Monarchs aren't as good, either.
Is the VX3 worth the extra money over a Monarch?
Is the Z6 worth the price difference over a VX3? 

One might not be far wrong by saying that Leupold offerings are pricey for what you get.
So what...

"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2010 at 17:45
None of the top three of my favourite scopes (that I own) are listed.

In no particular order:
SWFA SS 3-9x42
IOR 3-18x42FFP
SWFA SS 10x42HD

There are quite a few other scopes that I like, and to be honest, I do not own any scopes that I do not like a fair bit, but those are my top three.

ILya
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2010 at 17:51
Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

Thunbs Up

Hang on to it!!!
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2010 at 18:08
Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

Thunbs Up

Hang on to it!!!

I still have on of those, except with a #4 reticle.  Unfortunately, I do not have a rifle for it, so I will probably sell it.  That kinda sucks, but I do not like to "store" scopes for the heck of it.

ILya
coyote95 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2010 at 18:44
Meopta Meostar 3-10x50 #4rectical
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic