OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Luepold Mk4 1-3x 14mm CQ/T

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R_Irish_Ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Luepold Mk4 1-3x 14mm CQ/T
    Posted: October/31/2005 at 18:33

Hi All,

I am looking to buy a Luepold Mk4 CQ/T scope for a Walther G22. (I know it is twice the price of the rifle...)

I was wondering if I could get some advice?

1.     Will the scope take a Weaver Rail Mount?

2.     Is the scope worth the money?

I know it is only .22 but living in Ireland gun control is tight and it is just for fun...  I am in the British Army TA (ex-reg) Rangers (Royal Irish) so get to play with the big guns at the weekend...

Many thanks,

Steve

sandsock View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandsock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2005 at 21:39
We had them over in Iraq and I was really impressed.  They come with an adapter for a weaver rail.  I have suggested to Leupold they they come out with a SPR version instead of the donut.  I think for the money on a .22 you'd be best served to look at something a bit more cost effective (but it's your money).
sandsock View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandsock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2005 at 21:57

Irish Ranger,

I just found a new 1.5-4.5x32 Bushnell 3200 Elite on Ebay for $169 and ordered one for my flat top AR rifle.  Even with buying some quality rings, I think this would be a better deal for you than the CQT (they have one left).  Unfortunately, SWFA doesn't list this model, but they have a complete line of Bushnell products, I have a $40 Bushnell 3-9x32 .22 scope that I've not had a bit of problems with on my Ruger 10/22.

R_Irish_Ranger View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R_Irish_Ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/2005 at 13:37

Sandsock,

Many thanks for your reply..  Been out in the field for the weekend so just catching up now...

I will give the Bushnell a look.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic