OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Shout Box (suggestions thread)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OT Shout Box (suggestions thread)
    Posted: August/19/2010 at 06:36

As the title states, lets throw some suggestions together to help Brady and bunch with the new 'feature'  ahem ahem........

scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2010 at 06:38
1) rename it, hold a vote
2) can the box be made to open or close it like a thread or topic so we don't have to see it
3) move it and change the shape so it opens like all the other topic/thread boxes... that way it doesn effect the sizing of current important threads... like beautiful .............
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2010 at 06:41

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2010 at 06:56
Haha, Ed has spoken!

I agree that there should be an on/off button so you can view the forum in the normal "full view" we're accustomed to. Any pictures are cut off in the current set up. I personally won't use it much and don't really like the condensed viewing of the forum. But, some people might find it useful and i wouldn't want them deprived of a good idea. 

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2010 at 07:20
I am still thinking on it.  It does keep us at one spot but if you come into a conversation you cant go back and catch up as easy as just reading the threads
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2010 at 07:41
He's fixing it...............
I'm classic shag nasty type.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2010 at 08:20

No offense to those who put this together. Users need to be able to turn off/on this feature.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2010 at 08:22
The more I have to look at the threads with the size cut down for this feature the more i am disliking it.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
snakeman48 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snakeman48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2010 at 09:02
I'm sure there is somebody on the board who likes, but for us who find it a bit distracting, on off button would be nice.
NRA Benefactor Member.    Veteran; US Army 5th Corps 1970-1972

The only time in my life when I got to Rock-N-Roll, and the ammo was free!!
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2010 at 10:22
I am ok with it now.  It only shows up when you are outside a thread.  I can deal with that.

Good work Brady or whoever
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2010 at 12:24
on/off really sounds like an idea or just an off switch lol
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2010 at 15:07
It ties up a lot of bandwidth for other programs than need to be running on my computer. It is quite a nuisance.  I can't tell what is going on over there anyway. Its like when the wife is watching the "VIEW" (Another waste of air time). All the Biddies yelling and never listening. 
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2010 at 15:11
"The view" would never fly in this household lol. Bunch of uppity lunatic women who have no clue as to what reality is, outside of Elizabeth Hasselbeck. How she puts up with those loons is beyond me. 
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2010 at 17:15
Hey guys what we threw up was just a test to see how it functions.  We will be adding a lot of functions and features to The O.T. soon and this is one of them.  I think we all like the feature of the Shout Box but not in its current configuration.

Please keep making the suggestions so we can fine tune it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic