OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Vortex or Weaver.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prieto9000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vortex or Weaver.
    Posted: August/18/2010 at 14:17
I need a pair of 30mm rings and i´m looking at the Vortex 30mm tactical High and the weaver Tactical 6 screw. Any advice??
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2010 at 14:19
Stuck with those two brands????  If not look at the TPS rings.  While I know how they are I don't know how the Vortex rings are.  Leave weaver alone.  If the rings from Vortex is as good as their optics it would be a good choice though. Come to think of it, you could always get the vortex rings and give us a review.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Prieto9000 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prieto9000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2010 at 14:26
Not really stuck on any of those. I was thinking about the weaver because i liked picatinny ring cap they sell. I was planning on mounting a Laser Genetics 3X50 un my rifle at some piont for coyote hunting.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2010 at 14:30
You can always use the supplied scope attachement with the ND3 then it can be mounted on the side or at teh 7'oclock position.  Of course if I was in your shoes and you want to look at that kinda stuff, picatinny on the side, wait till you see the new stuff that SWFA is coming out with as far as mount wise. suppose to be killer and have that feature as well.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prieto9000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2010 at 15:05
When is SWFA releasing all tha stuff??
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2010 at 15:07
no firm date yet but i would guess in the near future

Edited by SVT_Tactical - August/18/2010 at 15:08
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prieto9000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2010 at 15:08
Great!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic