OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bird Hunting Dates - Extended Timeframe

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: What days can you make it? If your gonna try to come!
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [4.55%]
2 [4.55%]
2 [4.55%]
1 [2.27%]
2 [4.55%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [4.55%]
2 [4.55%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [6.82%]
1 [2.27%]
2 [4.55%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [4.55%]
4 [9.09%]
2 [4.55%]
3 [6.82%]
1 [2.27%]
1 [2.27%]
2 [4.55%]
4 [9.09%]
2 [4.55%]
2 [4.55%]
1 [2.27%]
1 [2.27%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bird Hunting Dates - Extended Timeframe
    Posted: August/18/2010 at 07:09
I know these are a lot of days.  We are extending it to see if we will get more people that could go if we give plenty of notice to plan/save. As well as people to be out of the deer season where they are.  Look at your calendars and mark anydays that you could go, all that apply.  Whatever dates have the most votes in a couple weeks we will try to book.  IF you are bringing more than just yourself, mark that date twice.  We want a headcount of the number of people that could go on those dates.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
scooter65 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2010 at 07:17

Here is the deal for me.  Deer season (or dear season per Bigdaddy) is out for me as well and Month of October due to work.  I could do December or January BUT, I can't cast my vote yet.  I am waiting on some work related project dates to get firmed up.  I won't know for sure until end of Sept what my commitments will be.  So I don't think I should be casting a vote and steering the date. 

p.s.

I have an extra 12 guage if somebody needs one.
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2010 at 07:20
Is it me, or are there way to many votes up there already??? G, you just put up the darn thing lol.

I'll cast my votes later today. Obviously things can come up when projecting far out in advance but i'll definitely vote for weekend(s) that i'm not at work.

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2010 at 07:21
I voted for all the dates I could make it Paul, thats why there are so many.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2010 at 07:22
Scooter thats fine. As soon as you know something though go ahead and vote, if it looks like we will be doing a next year hunt we will not have firmed up the date anytime soon.  We all know how plans change and money gets after the holidays' 
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2010 at 07:38
I, also voted on all dates I'm available to go.

Again for those within 2-3 hours drive we might do a extra hunt or two if your up for it.
The price per hunt per hunter will not change than much for groups of 5 or more.   It all depends on how many birds you want released on each hunt.  $150-200ea hunt  will get you 8-12+ birds...pheasant and Chukar mixed. 

So be sure to mark all the dates your available!  And if there are multiple dates with enough votes we can make a decision on the fly about extra hunts!

Edited by budperm - August/18/2010 at 07:41
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2010 at 07:43
Paul, or Graham when you talk to the Books ask permission for us to post their fee schedule flyer for 2010-2011 season.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2010 at 07:44
G did you change your signature line to reflect the new voting thread?
--Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2010 at 07:46
Yes sir.  I will ask them today if I can scan and post the flyer
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2010 at 07:47
I'm sure it's not a problem at all in regards to posting the cost of different packages. I'll double check but i'm sure they'd welcome any new business. 
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2010 at 08:04
Asking permission protects Chris, Paul.
--Thomas Jefferson

scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2010 at 06:43
any updates

Edited by scooter65 - August/20/2010 at 06:44
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2010 at 07:04
Left message on Wed.  no word yet. We may look at doing several trips to accomidate everyone that may want to go
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2010 at 07:08
We started the voting of available times over again expanding teh time frame out thru March.  It looks like only Graham and I have voted again!  Go back and vote yes for all times your available then add your name and black out dates to this thread so we can figure out what vote belongs to whom!  G And I are tinking of doing a small party trip just to check out the place.  3 people could go for about $200each and get 7 pheasant each.
$200 would cover the hunt, 1/2day dog/handler and tip to handler.

Edited by budperm - August/20/2010 at 07:09
--Thomas Jefferson

shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2010 at 07:30
I voted for the dates that will work best for me....excpet i accidently voted for December 3-4 which is no good due to that being the first weekend of rifle season up here in PA. Granted if i get one either Monday, Tuesday of that week i'd be good to go. Being the Books are very avid deer hunters i'd reckon that wouldn't be a good weekend to try to book something.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2010 at 21:00
I work 2 out of 4 weekends a month through the holidays , and the other 2 are set up for muzzleloader , archery amd my kid's sports .. I had to sign up for January
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2010 at 08:27
Thanks Scott!  It's beginning to look like most peoples availability is in Jan Feb too!

Edited by budperm - August/22/2010 at 08:32
--Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic