OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting, Fishing & General Outdoors > General Hunting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Southern Iowa big buck huntig spot!!! shhhhhh

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhbuck57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Southern Iowa big buck huntig spot!!! shhhhhh
    Posted: August/13/2010 at 07:16
found a spot (public hunting) down near me i hunt close to. big area and goes way back , very few hunters go back there except for deer drives. but they can't do that if someone is already back there. i missed a big 10 i think i saw a small drop tyn. turned out somehow i stripped the screw on my rear muzzle loader and it moved. but i got a 11 pointer in 04 down here. anyone living in iowa and would like to check it out ,
HJHall
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2010 at 08:03
What county are you hunting?

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
hhbuck57 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhbuck57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2010 at 18:29
wayne.
HJHall
hhbuck57 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhbuck57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2010 at 18:59
if you are near or would like i could sure hook you up with some great areas down here. Would even go out and film your hunt at no charge just to go. I can't hunt until Nov. 2nd cause we just moved back from NY and i have to be a 90 day resident to get a resident license. email me and let me know, cause Oct. 1st coming soon.  hhbuck57@gmail.com
HJHall
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2010 at 19:06
Usually for bow I go here in Polk Co then do late muzzleloader in either Appanoose or Union Co. What town is near where you are talking about?

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
hhbuck57 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhbuck57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2010 at 20:41
corydon (7 miles) we are 11 miles from Mo. state line
HJHall
treestandbowhunter72 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote treestandbowhunter72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2010 at 19:55

do you just wanna run all the deer out of this place, have it crawing with people! I mean if your a resident of iowa you should know that its bad enough competing with out of state hunters and hunters that drive over an hour away just to hunt a public hunting area that is just minutes away. What's a guy gonna do if he don't own any land and this is his only place to hunt thats close for him.  The people of that county deserve a place to hunt without out of state hunters and guys from other countys comin in. I really hope someday you get run out of all your hunting spots by people that don't live anywhere close to you and you really feel how most hunters in iowa feel now.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic