OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SS10X42 HD and Kentone ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sniper6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SS10X42 HD and Kentone ??
    Posted: August/12/2010 at 00:05

Hi there everyone! Its been a while since I have posted on the OT. I do stop in on a regular basis just to read comments under the Tactical Scopes part of the forum.

I have a question about the SS10X42 HD and the Kentone turret.

Have any of you guys’ had a custom turret made from Kentone for your SS10X42 HD and if so how did you like it, How was the Service and how long did it take to get your custom turret back?

Here is what I have, a beautiful wana-be M40A1 , .308 and I have been using a Bushnell 10X40 Mil/Mil scope on it. The scope has been working great and it has done everything I have needed it to and then some extra abuse but I must say it lacks the clarity of the higher dollar scopes.

See I have gotten use to using XOTIC and my Premier 3-15X50 and as most of you know, after using the Premier all day, I pick up the Bushnell and it doesn’t even come close in the clarity department BUT that is what I get out of a $250 scope and I am not trying to compare them.

I want to stay with a Fixed 10X, Mil-dot reticle and I am thinking the SS10X42 HD with a customized turret based on my shooting data would be just the trick.

What are your thoughts or comments?

What a great hobby!
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2010 at 06:35
from everything that I have read about Kenton Industries work it is first class with farily reasonable turn around.  I am working on my load data as well and will be ordering a set of speed dials soon for my SS3-9
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Sniper6 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sniper6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2010 at 09:10

Thanks SVT_Tactical ,I don’t know how soon you are going to be do your Kentone Turrets but I would appreciate it if you would let me know how well it works out for you.

I am in the research stage and it will probably be a couple of months before I commit to a certain new scope for this rifle. If you do it in that time frame I would like to here from you .

What a great hobby!
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2010 at 09:42
Will do.  I am finalizing my load data now and am in the tweaking stage so once i get it perfect I will send them in for work
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic