OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Mounting a Leupold on a weatherby vanguar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jn27sc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mounting a Leupold on a weatherby vanguar
    Posted: October/28/2005 at 07:17
I recently purchased a Leupold VXII 3-9X50 and had it mounted on a Weatherby, Vanguard 7mm Mag. When I got the rifle back I noticed there is no room for eye relief. In fact it is so tight I have trouble turning the power adjust. Is this going to cause problems for the scope. I would appreciate any input on this matter.
jn27sc View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jn27sc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2005 at 07:15
Just a little extra info.
I went ahead and dialed it in with no problems. I was wondering if a different set of rings would give me more room or do I need to look for a differant scope for this rifle.
ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2005 at 13:54

There are all kinds of rings that can be made to match most any scope to any rifle. 

ranburr

jn27sc View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jn27sc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2005 at 19:54
Back to the original question.
Is it possible that having the rings too tight on either end of the scope could cause damage to the scope itself?
ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2005 at 21:12

Every bolt on the rings should be tightened to equal amounts.  I would suggest that you make sure your rings are properly aligned, the holes are often off from the factory.  I would also suggest that you lap your rings.  If everything is properly aligned, relieved, and torqued, you should be fine.

ranburr

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic