OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

new Versa Max shotgun

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new Versa Max shotgun
    Posted: August/09/2010 at 08:09
Remington announces VERSA MAX

Madison, NC - Remington is pleased to announce the most exciting addition to its respected 100-year lineage of autoloading shotguns - the highly-anticipated VERSA MAX. This technologically-advanced, gas-piston operated 12-gauge, 3½-inch autoloader shatters convention and all previous benchmarks for reliability with an action that is unlike any that have come before it. Built to withstand the elements, function reliably with all 12-gauge shells with less recoil than some 20-gauge shotguns, and designed to be fully adjustable for length of pull, comb height and stock drop and cast; the VERSA MAX represents true versatility to the MAX!

Initial VERSA MAX offerings include a 28-inch black synthetic version with custom grey overmolded grips and 28-inch Mossy Oak Duck Blind® full camo version with black overmolded grips. In January 2011, two additional 12-gauge models will be introduced - a 26-inch black synthetic offering with grey overmolded grips and a 26-inch Realtree® AP™ fully-camouflaged version. Both the 26-inch and 28-inch black synthetic models come with five Flush Pro Bore® chokes (Full, Mod, Imp Mod, Light Mod and IC) and both camouflaged versions come with four Pro Bore Extended choke tubes (IC, Mod, Full and Extra Full). All models feature our soft-touch finish on the stocks and fore-ends.

At the heart of VERSA MAX is our patented VersaPort™ gas piston system; an extremely-reliable, semi-automatic operating system consisting of seven gas ports and two gas pistons for enhanced load versatility, while softening recoil and reducing maintenance. The VersaPort gas system self-regulates gas pressure based on the length of the shell, for flawless cycling no matter the load! Additionally with its self-cleaning gas piston system, overall maintenance time and effort is greatly reduced. With fewer parts than conventional gas systems, not only is cleaning easier but there are fewer parts to maintain. From the lightest 2 ¾-inch target loads to the heaviest 3 ½-inch magnums, the VERSA MAX cycles with ultimate consistency, softer recoil and less maintenance than ever experienced before.

VERSA MAX proved its reliability in an extreme test of endurance. We cycled hundreds of thousands of rounds through VERSA MAX in temperature extremes ranging from -200 F to 1200 F and it passed the test! Reliability is essential, but VERSA MAX is durable as well.

Designed for the field, VERSA MAX provides extreme corrosion resistance with its anodized aluminum receiver; TriNyte®-coated barrel with nickel-plated bore (camo guns have nickel-plated barrels and bores with camo outer layer); nickel-Teflon® plated internal gas system components; stainless steel magazine tube; aluminum action tube; and nickel-plated springs. Housed in a durable soft-touch synthetic stock with rubber overmolded grip panels in key areas of the stock and fore-end, VERSA MAX provides superior handling and grip in all weather conditions. Larger trigger guard design and over-sized cross-bolt safety provide greater dexterity when wearing gloves on extreme cold weather hunts.

VERSA MAX is designed to be fully adjustable for a custom fit as well. The stock features an extra thick SuperCell™ recoil pad and Adjustable Length of Pull (LOP) Spacer Kit so you can quickly adjust the stock length, up to one inch longer, to adapt to any shooting situation. To further customize fit, VERSA MAX has an adjustable drop and cast shim system which is easily tailored to fit with the included wrench. An interchangeable, padded cheek comb insert allows for better sight alignment and comfort when shooting. Proper fit combined with the recoil-absorbing features of the VERSA MAX, makes shooting more enjoyable and reduces the recoil of even the heaviest waterfowl loads to a light push.

Additional features on this revolutionary 12-gauge autoloader include mil-spec anodized aluminum receiver for overall weight reduction and corrosion resistance with superior strength of design; 4140 hammer-forged steel barrel with a ventilated rib that tapers from 10mm at the receiver to 7mm at the muzzle for consistent sighting; drilled and tapped receiver for mounting optics; sling studs for ease of carrying; over-sized cross-bolt safety; Pro Bore choke tubes to match any shooting situation; HiViz® sights featuring interchangeable light pipes for quick target acquisition; and a 3+1 shell capacity for 2 ¾ & 3-inch shotshells and 2+1 for 3 ½-inch shotshells.

Ready to take afield or to the range, VERSA MAX comes complete with a custom rugged, hard plastic carrying case. As an added bonus, all VERSA MAX shotguns come standard with Remington's Platinum Service Plan. Free to all who participate, the plan includes one courtesy cleaning and detailed inspection within the first 12 months of purchase, 7-day turnaround on all repairs and free shipping on all warranty repairs.

Only Remington is capable of delivering such an innovative autoloading shotgun to the marketplace. See your local dealer today to be one of the first to own the most versatile, reliable, and softest-recoiling 12-gauge autoloader in the world - VERSA MAX!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFCY4a5gB_Q

Remington VERSA MAX

Model

Order #

Black Synthetic

28-Inch Barrel

Waterfowl

28-Inch Barrel

Black Synthetic

26-Inch Barrel

All Purpose Camo

26-Inch Barrel

Gauge

12-Gauge

12-Gauge

12-Gauge

12-Gauge

Mag. Capacity

3+1 (2 ¾ and 3-inch)

2+1 (3 ½-inch)

3+1 (2 ¾ and 3-inch)

2+1 (3 ½-inch)

3+1 (2 ¾ and 3-inch)

2+1 (3 ½-inch)

3+1 (2 ¾ and 3-inch)

2+1 (3 ½-inch)

BBL Length

28 inches

28 inches

26 inches

26 inches

Choke Tubes

5 Pro Bore Flush

4 Extended Pro Bore

5 Pro Bore Flush

4 Extended Pro Bore

Barrel Type

4140 Hammer-Forged Steel

TriNyte Coating

Nickel-Plated Bore

4140 Hammer-Forged Steel

Nickel-Plated Bore

4140 Hammer-Forged Steel

TriNyte Coating

Nickel-Plated Bore

4140 Hammer-Forged Steel

Nickel-Plated Bore

Sights

HiViz Interchangeable

HiViz Interchangeable

HiViz Interchangeable

HiViz Interchangeable

Receiver Finish

Black Oxide

Mossy Oak Duck Blind

Black Oxide

Realtree AP

Overall Length

49 15/16 Inches

49 15/16 Inches

47 15/16 Inches

47 15/16 Inches

Length of Pull

14 ¼ inches (Adjustable)

14 ¼ inches (Adjustable)

14 ¼ inches (Adjustable)

14 ¼ inches (Adjustable)

Stock Material

Grey Overmolded Stock

Grey Soft Touch Fore-end

Black Overmolded Stock

Black Soft Touch Fore-end

Grey Overmolded Stock

Grey Soft Touch Fore-end

Black Overmolded Stock

Black Soft Touch Fore-end

Stock Finish

Black Synthetic

Mossy Oak Duck Blind

Black Synthetic

Realtree AP

Avg. Weight

7.7 lbs

7.7 lbs

7.5 lbs

7.5 lbs

MSRP

$1399

$1599

$1399

$1599

Edited by martin3175 - August/09/2010 at 20:44
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2010 at 21:11
Looked good till I saw the price.  Shocked But I can be cheap.  I do need a shotgun though.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/11/2010 at 09:05
I like shotguns, but for some reason I just don't get that excited about them, like I do rifles. 
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/11/2010 at 09:38
My deal with a shotgun and I dont' now much about them other than point and shoot and what chokes do.  I know there are a lot of pricey ones but for all purposes I do with them nothing over $500 will ever be bought unless I change my shooting styles to trap or something.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
saitotiktmdog View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saitotiktmdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2010 at 08:44
Shotguns are shotguns if you ask me. The only thing would be reliability. As long as its reliable it will get the job done. My favorite shotgun is a sigle shot new england that was about 100 bucks new ten years ago. I also have an 870 knock off from china. Its really stinkin reliable. Besides you dont see to many arguments about what shotgun is the most accurate. Unless its slug guns and that would be the ultra slug hunter most likely. I am with svt_tactical. Unless of course it was an AA12
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2010 at 21:37
shotguns? --- one word ----- Kreighoff. accuracy in a different sense, but all kinds of words, on trigger let off, sychronized pt. of impact of both barrels. and reliability (in the 100,000 rd area).
I love little league baseball-- it keeps the kids out of the house
Yogi Bera

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic