OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Savage Mark 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jtucker17855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Savage Mark 2
    Posted: August/07/2010 at 20:16
I bought a new Savage .22 without accutrigger from wally world and it has a really heavy trigger. Will the trigger break in after time or do i need to take it to a gunsmith to have it worked on? I can still shoot very well with it but i know i could do better if it had a lighter trigger pull. If this was your rifle what would you do?
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2010 at 21:39
arent the accutriggers externally adjustable??
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Jtucker17855 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jtucker17855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2010 at 22:38
This one is without the accutrigger.
The Apostle View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Apostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2010 at 00:51
Sounds like you got the Stevens 300 and not a Savage Mark II rimfire but its trigger is adjustable but they aren't in the same league as the Savage accutrigger models.
John Howard: "We will find any means we can to further restrict them because I hate guns...ordinary citizens should not have weapons. We do not want the American disease imported into Australia"...
Jtucker17855 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jtucker17855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2010 at 15:10

From what i understand there the same exact rifle but without accutrigger. If the stevens model is adjustable how would you go about doing it?

CD82 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CD82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2010 at 20:02
i have the same 22 without accutrigger  an it is a savage mark II. i asked a gunsmith about adjusting the trigger pul an they told me no. but i will say this  that  rifle is a tack driving  22.  ive shot  a bird in the head on a highline wire at 75 yards.  i love the little 22 i had a buddy thats no longer with us. he had a decked out 10/22 with all kinds of goddys. heavy barrel an all that junk. an he got mad cause i was out shooting his gun. i was shooting in his  hole on the target  at 70 yards.
VYD View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VYD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2010 at 08:10
Love these rimfire Savages. Shoot just as great as more expensive brands. Mine prefers German Wolf Match and it's deadly out to 150 yards.

ougunnut View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ougunnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/05/2010 at 12:59
I don't think you can really do much if you got the non-accutrigger model
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic