OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

2-7 Viper $ drop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2010 at 05:41
Scott, I like the way the Versa-Plex C3 reticle looks but have never used it, is it effective and what's your fevorite?
gcp
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2010 at 05:55
Man I wish I wasn't so totally strapped for cash or I'd jump with both feet!
I've got 3 crossfires and love them.  Great for 300yd paper punching and I'm sure further just haven't had the chance to try it...yet.  Also great for paire gogging and long distance varminting!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2010 at 06:12
Originally posted by The Dude The Dude wrote:

Maybe they're makin' room for a Viper 4x!!! Or how bout a 2.5-8x36 to compete with the VX3!!!!

that wouldnt be a bad thing!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2010 at 06:34

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2010 at 06:41
Ed are you playing candle agian???!?!?!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2010 at 07:53

Vortex has announced that they are discontinuing a few items.
Vortex Viper 2-7x32mm 
Vortex Viper 3.5-10x50mm 
Vortex Viper 4-12x40mm PA
Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44mm PA
Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50mm PA 
Vortex Fury 12.5x42mm Binocular 
Vortex Fury 10x32mm Binocular 
Vortex Fury 8x32mm Binocular
Vortex Fury 6.5x32mm Binocular

Edited by 300S&W - August/03/2010 at 08:06
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2010 at 07:59
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

Vortex has announced that they are discontinuing a few items.
Vortex Viper 2-7x32mm 
Vortex Viper 3.5-10x50mm 
Vortex Viper 4-12x40mm PA
Vortex Fury 12.5x42mm Binocular 
Vortex Fury 10x32mm Binocular 
Vortex Fury 8x32mm Binocular
Vortex Fury 6.5x32mm Binocular

What reticles do these include?
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2010 at 08:05
  44mm w/V-Plex and Target Dot

50mm w/Target Dot

SORRY,G.  The second 6.5-20 is a 50mm.  fixed it in my post.

Edited by 300S&W - August/03/2010 at 08:08
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2010 at 08:13

GRAHAM.... YOUR 3-9 SS is in the mail LOL, so you must be Xmas shopping....

I would prefer the 2-7 for deer huntin....
--Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2010 at 08:17
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

44mm w/V-Plex and Target Dot

50mm w/Target Dot

SORRY,G.  The second 6.5-20 is a 50mm.  fixed it in my post.
Thats the one I was considering for my new savage 223.  guess i have no choice now.... get the high power SS when it comes out.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
SD Dog View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2010 at 10:21
That is pretty much the whole Viper line save the 3-9x40.  Wonder what is going to replace them.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2010 at 12:00
I called SWFA and found out I'm first in line, but it could be three weeks before it is ready to ship.

-Matt
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2010 at 12:02
Originally posted by SD Dog SD Dog wrote:

That is pretty much the whole Viper line save the 3-9x40.  Wonder what is going to replace them.

Maybe nothing.  Perhaps Vortex isn't doing as good as we HOPED.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2010 at 12:10

I dont' know, Maybe Scott or Sam can pitch in and let us know whats going on.

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2010 at 12:17
It's possible they are having supplier problems like we are at Black & Decker.  I've spent the better part of the last two months performing tests on alternate materials and new suppliers cause almost all the suppliers reduced capacity several months ago and are now running out of residual stock.  Its an industry wide problem right now in electronics as some foundries shutdown and other reduced capacity.  This is actually the second wave of a ripple effect that could take 3-5 years to recover from!
--Thomas Jefferson

powderburn View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powderburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2010 at 14:09
Such is a common problem with goods produced over seasor even a lot of domestic companies today. It's like when you find a pair of nike's that really feel good to you and you wear them out, good luck finding a pair just like them. I've had problems in the past where my old bushnell binocs had the rubber eyecup dry rot. You can call in the model # and s/n along with pics and measurements but the pair you finally get will almost certainly not fit like the originals. That's one of the reasons I still like Leupold because even if they are not the very latest cutting edge they have a nice product and they have the history to go with their life time warranty. I wish Vortex the best as they had some seemingly nice stuff to offer. Hope this doesn't mean what was alluded to in budperm's post.
blacktails View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacktails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2010 at 16:35
Well, crap.  Yesterday I thought my scope order was in stock and I was good to go, but I just got an email from SWFA saying my 2-7x32 BDC is on backorder with no "expected by" date.
gcp View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2010 at 16:45
The Viper would be a great deal, if you can get it Whacko SWFA said they are on backorder for 10 and so far they have 3 orders to fulfill so don't sweat it you'll be among the first to get it when they ship. But who knows when that when will be.....

That's why I broke down & ordered the 3x9 SS. Yes it ended up costing me approx. $300 more but it's one hell of a lot of scope for $500.
gcp
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2010 at 17:41
Keep the faith, blacktails!

I just received a notice e-mail stating mine shipped 08/03/2010.

SWFA kicks A$$!

Yippee
-Matt
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2010 at 17:51
thats too bad that they are getting rid of the 2x7, i think a few of us in here are really impressed with that little scope.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic