OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Buying a SWFA SS 10x, now what accessory pack?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teddy12b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buying a SWFA SS 10x, now what accessory pack?
    Posted: July/30/2010 at 12:27

So I've got the SWFA 10x rear focus in the cart.  Now I want to get the flip up covers, sunshade, & mil-dot master.  So start looking at the labels of HD, Non HD and all I can think is WTF is with the acronyms.  I looked in the descriptions and I still didn't quite get it.  I know it's the internet and we're all supposed to know these things without ever seeing them typed out, but which one do I need to buy?

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2010 at 12:49
It appears you are not getting the SS10xHD, therefore you get the Non-HD accessories kit. 
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
teddy12b View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teddy12b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2010 at 12:53
What's the HD stand for?
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2010 at 12:57
High Definition or Heavy Duty, kind of interchangeable. The 10xHD is a different design than the non-HD line and has upgraded g;lass and components.  It is top of the line as far as 10x scopes go, outperforms much higher priced 10x's from other offerers.  I have one on my 50BMG.  Great scope. 
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2010 at 13:04

Right before you get ready to add to cart you can add those items by checking the radio buttons under the "add to cart" button

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
teddy12b View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teddy12b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2010 at 13:22
Where does it say in the description if it's an HD or not?  I was just looking at the $300 10X with 1/4 MOA adjustments.  http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-10x42-Tactical-Riflescope-P499.aspx  Is that HD?

I have the scope and individually picked accessories in the cart now.  I just want to double check some things before swiping the card.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2010 at 13:31
SWFA SS 10x42 Tactical Riflescope
Mil-Dot SWFA SS 10x42 Tactical Riflescope
Stock # - SS10X42HD
  • Matte
  • Mil-Dot
  • 30mm
  • Rear Focus
  • OK for .50 cal
  • .10 Mrad
  • HD Model
$799.95 
_______

SWFA SS 10x42 Tactical Riflescope
Mil-Dot SWFA SS 10x42 Tactical Riflescope
Stock # - SS10X42
  • Matte
  • Mil-Dot
  • 30mm
  • Rear Focus
  • OK for .50 cal
  • 1/4 MOA
$299.95 

Edited by SVT_Tactical - July/30/2010 at 13:31
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2010 at 13:36
HD cost is $799.95 & worth every nickel.Don't get wrong the standard 10x is also worth every nickel of $300,the HD is a big step up,I own both,so I speak from experience.You will never be sorry with your purchase.
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
teddy12b View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teddy12b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2010 at 14:02
Is the HD only on the Mrad models?  I didn't look at the details of those scopes.  I'm only interested in the MOA scopes.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2010 at 14:18
I beleive so
Jon A View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2010 at 14:23
Well, they all have a Mrad reticle (mildot).  Don't be afraid of Mrads, they're very easy and simple to use--and having the knobs match your reticle is something you will grow to appreciate quickly.

If you can afford it, the HD model is a much better scope and you will be happier with it.  Don't let the Mrad knobs scare you--you'll soon learn they're an asset.

Edited by Jon A - July/30/2010 at 14:24
Derrik View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2010 at 14:43
The part number to the kit you need is SSIF
Comes with the Flip ups sunshade and mildot master
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2010 at 23:39
Having 1/10 mil clicks and a mil based reticle is a good thing.  One click of a 1/10 mil scope moves it about 1/3 inch at 100yds were one click of a 1/4 moa scope moves it about 1/4 inch.  The cool thing about having 1/10 mil clicks is you aim at the center shoot a hole in the target use the mildot reticle to measure in mils how high or low and how far left or right and then you dial in that correction in 1/10 mil clicks and next shot is in the X.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/2010 at 05:08
Originally posted by Jon A Jon A wrote:

Well, they all have a Mrad reticle (mildot).  Don't be afraid of Mrads, they're very easy and simple to use--and having the knobs match your reticle is something you will grow to appreciate quickly.

If you can afford it, the HD model is a much better scope and you will be happier with it.  Don't let the Mrad knobs scare you--you'll soon learn they're an asset.

+1  Any scope with a Mildot reticle should have Mil/Mil turrets.  using the 10XHD spoiled the heck out of me.  You'll never want to go back to MOA.
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/2010 at 18:52
+2 on that steel.
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic