OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Scoping a Ljungman AG42b

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scoping a Ljungman AG42b
    Posted: July/29/2010 at 07:30

Gents, I've had this 6.5x55 Swedish milserp rifle for years now and absolutely love shooting it but I've always hated its sites. Now that the eyes are getting tired I'de like to possibly scope it without modifying it but after close inspection it appears to border on the impossible so any unique recommendations by you will be greatly appreciated.

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2010 at 18:32
Some rifles just simply are not designed with the intent to allow adding optics. I suggest you keep it like it is and if you want to put a scope on something why not pick up something that interests you possibly a tikka in that same caliber or a savage in a mid weight caliber and scope that.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
gcp View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2010 at 19:06
myimagianryfriend, I have all sorts of scoped bolt rifles in various calibers, one of which is a very accurate CZ in 6.5x55. But I like shooting this particular rifle and my eyes are not what they used to be. Truthfully I hate to have rifles I don't shoot and this one, because of its stock sites, has been seating around for years. They say use it or loose it......
mlv2k5 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlv2k5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2010 at 15:07
give it to me...I'll keep shootin her for ya Big Grin
-Michael
gcp View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2010 at 20:19
Me no thinks so Michael, but good try non-the-less Whistling It's one hell of a nice rifle!!!
mlv2k5 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlv2k5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2010 at 21:13
It is indeed, I would like to have one...I had considered buying either a Ljungman or an Hakim which is essentially a copy produced for the egyptian army I believe. Unfortunately funds went to other things...one day though.
-Michael
gcp View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2010 at 21:24

Never shot a Hakim but they were built on Swedish machinery by/for the Egyptian army so they should be pretty close to the AG42b. If you ever get a chance to own one jump on it, you won't be sorry, and their price only seems to go up, in case you ever have to unload. Problem is I keep buying but never unload, to my wife's consternation, but my take is she's gotta love me and take me with my hobbies Love

Doctoxin View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doctoxin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2012 at 21:13
Did you think about a scout scope?  Those are mounted forward of the receiver and fairly common for large bore rifles.  I think it would work on this rifle.  I have a 6.5x55 that I built for hunting off of a Howa 1500 action.  Would like to have one like yours.
Doctoxin
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2012 at 21:16
This post is very very old.

No one
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic