OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need scope for .30-06 Browning BAR Safari w/boss
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Need scope for .30-06 Browning BAR Safari w/boss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powderburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/2010 at 16:29
I tend to agree, I like the 2-7 x33s as they have plenty of power for up to 300+ yds which is longer than I want to shoot usually, yet they are much smaller than the 40mm objectives found on most 3-9 etc. I know it's an ascetic thing but that's just me.
gdpolk View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gdpolk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/2010 at 16:40
I don't mind the smaller 3-9x40's on some guns.  I even have two 3.5-10x50's on two of my guns, one being mostly a plinking gun and the other being my squirrel and rabbit gun.  The more I look at it the more I like the size, brightness, and power range of the VX-3 2.5-8x36 for my .30-06.  That will be plenty of magnification for hunting out to 400 yards.  It's a bit pricy but then again what isn't?  It'll nail me once and then I'll have a nice scope for a nice gun worthy of passing down for a few generations.  I'll probably put some alumina flip covers on it too.
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2010 at 18:55
I like all of the scopes in question, they are all decent including the VX3.  At $180.00 the Viper is a steal and maybe the best value available.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
tejas View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tejas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2010 at 23:10
Dont think you can beat the Zeiss Conquest 3-9X40 for 399.00.
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2010 at 23:20
One thing I noticed about the VX-3 4.5x14x40 LR I had, If you did not hold the scope just right and the edges would go black. Then I could see spots thru it as if the paint on the inside was coming off or something. Its hard to explain but I noticed it in Bright Light only. Anyway I did not like having to hold the scope just perfectly as to get a good sight, it seemed like I was always stuggling with it. I cannot explain it any better then that sorry. So I traded it off for a SS 3x9x42 which I like alot, very clear, even on the edges and its very forgiving to my eyes. I also have bought since then a Kahles CL3x10x50 MultiZero and a 3x9x42 Kahles American used with 4A reticle. 2 Zeiss Conquest and one a 4.5x14x44, the other a 3.5x10x44...Ive tried some other scopes that I don't like and today I just got a 1x4x24 Trijicon Accupoint that I just love and I will be buying more of thoseAccupoints  Im positive of that....So there is another good scope a 3x9x40 Accupoint or if you do not mind a heavier scope the 2.5x10x56 Accupoint by Trijicon would be perfect for Hunting Pigs at night, that would be my personal pick outa the whole bunch if it were me...........

Edited by JF4545 - August/03/2010 at 23:25
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic