OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Weaver Classic Extreme 2.5-10x50 vs. Super Sniper?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Weaver Classic Extreme 2.5-10x50 vs. Super Sniper?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greywolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weaver Classic Extreme 2.5-10x50 vs. Super Sniper?
    Posted: July/27/2010 at 14:55
Kinda think I already know the answer to this one, but which do you think has the better glass?  I think the Weaver is heavier, and only has a german reticle with red dot but is not as good for longer ranges I would think due to the reticle (no mildot) and it isn't FFP.

Thinking of replacing my Weaver with a SS.

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2010 at 15:03
Are you looking at the standard SS or the HD & variable?
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
greywolf View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greywolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2010 at 15:06
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Are you looking at the standard SS or the HD & variable?

SS Variable

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2010 at 15:11
Then i'd say the SS hands down.  I just got done testing one out and was very very impressed.  SO much that I took my standard SS10x off my 308 and sent it in on trade for a 3x9 that i didn't have to give up!
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2010 at 16:10
Not having seen them side by side, I simply can't tell you.  I would lean toward the variable super sniper, but that Weaver had pretty decent glass as well.

Bottom line is that these scopes are designed for different purposes and I am not sure how they ended up competing for the same customer.

ILya
greywolf View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greywolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2010 at 16:19
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Not having seen them side by side, I simply can't tell you.  I would lean toward the variable super sniper, but that Weaver had pretty decent glass as well.

Bottom line is that these scopes are designed for different purposes and I am not sure how they ended up competing for the same customer.

ILya
I bought the Weaver on a lark - it was a super discounted price from a competitor (like $299 when their original price was over $500) - I mounted it on my Tikka T3 .223 rifle, but honestly just don't feel like it serves much of a purpose for my shooting style - don't really need a illuminated dot, it is big and heavy, and the german #4 reticle is nice for hunting but not much else.  I think replacing it with a SS with a mildot would allow me to use the Tikka for a lot of range practice with cheap ammo so that when I break out the OBR or Grendel I can be using the same exact scope.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic