OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

BSA Scopes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2010 at 16:38
Thanks....44 more. 

OK, I'm wanting a scope to put on my M1A.  4x to 18x or better wioth 40 or 44mm objective, mildot, side paralax adjustment, target turrets, 1" would be nice but can do 30mm if necessary.  I have a Burris 6-18 on my bolt gun but it was real expensive even years ago when I bought it new.  Then I sent it back to Burris to have target turrets installed on it.  It's a great scope!
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2010 at 16:51
 And how much are you willing to spend,Bash?
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
Bash View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2010 at 18:00
Dang it!  If I could only get all my thoughts together at one time!Sad  How much do I want to spend?  Between $200 and NO more than $400, preferasbly between 2 and 3 hundred.  Since I started this I've doubled the money I was willing to pay.  I want a good quality scope but I don't want to have to leave it in my will for the boys.  I dealy give me a Leuopold, but that's out of the question.  I've got champagne taste on a beer budget.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2010 at 18:35
You are still looking for more magnification than you need.  Bottom line is that more magnification does not necessarily mean you are going to see or shoot better.   If you really want high magnification, prepare to spend a lot more money.

For $400, the only high magnification scope I can recommend is Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44.  It is available with four different reticles and two are on a serious sale right now.  If you are ok with a plex or dot reticle, you can get it for $279.  MilDot version is $399.

Alternatively, you can look at a similarly discounted 4-12x40 version with a plex reticle:

In terms of a magnification range, 4-12x40 is a better fit for your rifle.

ILya
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2010 at 06:30
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

You are still looking for more magnification than you need.  Bottom line is that more magnification does not necessarily mean you are going to see or shoot better.   If you really want high magnification, prepare to spend a lot more money.

For $400, the only high magnification scope I can recommend is Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44.  It is available with four different reticles and two are on a serious sale right now.  If you are ok with a plex or dot reticle, you can get it for $279.  MilDot version is $399.

Alternatively, you can look at a similarly discounted 4-12x40 version with a plex reticle:

In terms of a magnification range, 4-12x40 is a better fit for your rifle.

ILya

Those discounted Vipers are hard to resist and will go fast.  Those that pick them  up will be happy with the product I'm sure.  Even the 6.5-20 with the target dot for so cheap would fit his criteria being he seems to want more on the top end.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic