OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SWFA- MIL/MIL Higher X Variable

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN_Sam1385 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SWFA- MIL/MIL Higher X Variable
    Posted: July/26/2010 at 18:07
Any word on the higher power MIL/MIL SS variable scope that I have heard a few people talking about might be in production soon? Any idea whether it will be a 5.5-16.5, or what?
SD Dog View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2010 at 11:21
Rumors are there is a 5-20 coming out.  Still in the developmental phase.  No word on pricing or a time frame.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
USN_Sam1385 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN_Sam1385 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2010 at 12:08
If that comes out I will be all over it. Where u hear the rumor if u don't mind me asking.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2010 at 12:18
Several mentions of it on here at different places. 
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2010 at 12:32
http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=23715&PN=1

Here is a post discussing the possible 5-20.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
trigger29 View Drop Down
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2010 at 14:14
Tick Tock Tick Tock!!! Impatiently awaiting a 5-20 for my .17 hmr

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2010 at 14:57
I think there is a lot of foaming at the mouth for the high power varible!
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2010 at 15:29
Next year, after shot show! That's my bet Big Grin 
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2010 at 15:44

Nah.  I am guessing by X-mas!

shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2010 at 15:51
You think they could get em out that fast, if they're still in testing? Plus i think having the SHOT show for advertising would be a pretty good marketing ploy. 
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2010 at 15:54
I think Chris is more worried about getting a great product out whenever its ready than holding it off for a marketing strategy.  I think the 1x4 will be a good template.  we know when the testing started and now to see when they go up for sale.
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2010 at 16:02
Yeah, i didn't mean to sound sly...wasn't my intention. I just figured that the shot show is the premier outlet for people to be exposed to new products. And getting people to see SWFA's excellent products can't hurt! Big Grin
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2010 at 16:06

Oh no you didn't  I was just saying Chris is more about pleasing the customer with a rock solid product than he is about appealing to the masses and holding out for a huge release.

IMO

Edited by SVT_Tactical - July/29/2010 at 16:06
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2010 at 16:06
Remember the time lapse from SS10x to SS10x HD? Patience is taught on this site.grasshoppersYing Yang
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2010 at 16:07
this is true.    how long was the period of time from the 10X HD to 10X HD sales... you remember?
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2010 at 16:14
I tell you what, that rumored 5-20 may indeed be on that Remington700 i ordered Graham. May get tired of that Bushnell 6500 and have to trade it in! Big Grin I really want to try out the SS line. 
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2010 at 16:21

If i recall you could be shooting a remmy right now with a 3x9 on it.......It may still be for sale with no waiting period!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic