OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Mil/Mil on a budget?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostinthewoods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mil/Mil on a budget?
    Posted: July/24/2010 at 15:23
New here.  Looking for a 10x, preferably fixed power, scope that won't break the bank for a recce style AR.  I want to learn how to range with a Mil dot reticle.  I prefer to 1/10th Mil turrets.  Mil/mil just seems to make more sense to me.  I have narrowed my options to the following two scopes:

removed competitor

I have had the opportunity to try the Bushnell with MOA turrets and was surprised as how clear the optics were.  I didn't see any edge distortion or obvious flaws at all.  For an optic in this price range I was very impressed.  I have not had a look through the Weaver yet.  Does anyone have any experience with it?  I am I missing any other options for Mil/Mil in the $300 and under price range that are worth looking at? 

Thanks for any input. 

Edited by Kickboxer - July/24/2010 at 15:38
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2010 at 15:37
LostInTheWoods welcome to the OT.  Unfortunately, I have to ask you to read the forum rules.  The OT Forum is hosted by SWFA and if you read Rule 3, you will see you have violated that rule with your post.

1.  Keep it clean.  If you have to ask your self whether or not it's clean.........don't post it.  This includes images too, no blood, guts, nudity, etc.  Only respectful "Hero Shots" of harvested game can be posted.  Pictures of bloody game, game hanging or game in the bed of pick-up truck are not respectable.

2.  No personal attacks.  If you think someone is an idiot, (chances are) everyone else does too.  No need to post it.

3.  Do not advertise our competition.  We work hard to gain the respect and support of our customers.  We also offer a 110% Low Price Guarantee.

4.  No religious discussions or politics unless it relates to guns, optics, and or shooting.

5.  PM stands for Private Message.  Do not publicly share PM's without the consent of the sender.

6.  The Optics Talk forum is not to be used as a customer service tool for SWFA customers.  Tracking numbers, Order Status, Credit Card issues, etc. need to be directed to our Customer Service Professionals at 972-617-7056 from 8 a.m -5 p.m CDT or via e-mail at swfa@swfa.com.

7.  For Sale ads are to be placed in Member's Trading Post area only.  Read the For Sale Rules prior to selling.

8.  SWFA's OpticsTalk forum is a peaceful community of like minded shooting, hunting and outdoors enthusiasts.  Open minded, logical, rational debates are healthy and welcome.  Close minded, agenda pushing, strong handed debates (bordering on arguments) to prove one's position or point simply for the sake of winning or to gain some perceived power are not welcome.

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Ripper‏ View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ripper‏ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2010 at 16:28
Originally posted by Lostinthewoods Lostinthewoods wrote:

New here.  Looking for a 10x, preferably fixed power, scope that won't break the bank for a recce style AR.  I want to learn how to range with a Mil dot reticle.  I prefer to 1/10th Mil turrets.  Mil/mil just seems to make more sense to me.  I have narrowed my options to the following two scopes:

removed competitor

I have had the opportunity to try the Bushnell with MOA turrets and was surprised as how clear the optics were.  I didn't see any edge distortion or obvious flaws at all.  For an optic in this price range I was very impressed.  I have not had a look through the Weaver yet.  Does anyone have any experience with it?  I am I missing any other options for Mil/Mil in the $300 and under price range that are worth looking at? 

Thanks for any input. 

I think I have a good scope in mind for you for around $300.00. Check out the Millett tactical Millett 4-16x50 TRS-1 Tactical 30mm Riflescope. It's built like a tank and your getting a good glass for your $.

Hope that helps!
RiP
lumberjack149 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lumberjack149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2010 at 20:00
the only two 10x with mil turrets for under $300 i can think of is the bushnell elite 3200 (they just came out with mil turrets) and the second is the WOTAC. Check out SWFA b/c they should sell both.
Lostinthewoods View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostinthewoods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2010 at 15:35
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

LostInTheWoods welcome to the OT.  Unfortunately, I have to ask you to read the forum rules.  The OT Forum is hosted by SWFA and if you read Rule 3, you will see you have violated that rule with your post.

1.  Keep it clean.  If you have to ask your self whether or not it's clean.........don't post it.  This includes images too, no blood, guts, nudity, etc.  Only respectful "Hero Shots" of harvested game can be posted.  Pictures of bloody game, game hanging or game in the bed of pick-up truck are not respectable.

2.  No personal attacks.  If you think someone is an idiot, (chances are) everyone else does too.  No need to post it.

3.  Do not advertise our competition.  We work hard to gain the respect and support of our customers.  We also offer a 110% Low Price Guarantee.

4.  No religious discussions or politics unless it relates to guns, optics, and or shooting.

5.  PM stands for Private Message.  Do not publicly share PM's without the consent of the sender.

6.  The Optics Talk forum is not to be used as a customer service tool for SWFA customers.  Tracking numbers, Order Status, Credit Card issues, etc. need to be directed to our Customer Service Professionals at 972-617-7056 from 8 a.m -5 p.m CDT or via e-mail at swfa@swfa.com.

7.  For Sale ads are to be placed in Member's Trading Post area only.  Read the For Sale Rules prior to selling.

8.  SWFA's OpticsTalk forum is a peaceful community of like minded shooting, hunting and outdoors enthusiasts.  Open minded, logical, rational debates are healthy and welcome.  Close minded, agenda pushing, strong handed debates (bordering on arguments) to prove one's position or point simply for the sake of winning or to gain some perceived power are not welcome.

Sorry for that.  Will remember for future posts. 

The scopes I have been looking at are currently not yet available at SWFA.  I am waiting patiently for them. 

Bushnesll  Elite 3200 model 321040T
Weaver Tactical Grand Slam model 800480

Lostinthewoods View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostinthewoods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2010 at 15:37
[/QUOTE]
I think I have a good scope in mind for you for around $300.00. Check out the Millett tactical Millett 4-16x50 TRS-1 Tactical 30mm Riflescope. It's built like a tank and your getting a good glass for your $.

Hope that helps!
RiP
[/QUOTE]

Affter looking through a few Millet DMR's I think I will pass on that one untill I can take a peek through one.  Thanks for the option though. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic