OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Can't post with iPad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't post with iPad
    Posted: July/24/2010 at 12:47
Not sure where to put this, hope one of the mods can help.

My home computer (a mac G4 iBook) died and I replaced it, at least for the forseeable future with an iPad. The iPad works great for most of what I do at home but has one glaring problem, I cannot post any messages in this forum.

I can enter text in the subject field but I cannot enter any text at all in the message field.

I've tried turning off all security on the iPad but it makes no difference.

I can post using my 3G iPhone, which I used for this message, nut it's awkward to say the least.

I'd sure appreciate it if someone could figure out how I can over ome this problem with my otherwise terrific iPad.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2010 at 13:20
I would think you should be able to post text style messages (no pics) via your iPad. I've used my iTouch in the past to post on the OT but don't like to mostly because the keyboard sucks (that goes for both the iPhone and iTouch).

Maybe you should have a backup Windows or Linux machine. Wink
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2010 at 21:02
Manny, I did a web search and it seems that other iPad users may have a similar issue on different forum sites. One temp fix suggests to use HTML mode and not VISUAL mode. Not sure which one your using? If your still having an issue call Apple support. I dealt with them once on a device licensing issue with iTunes; the wait time wasn't very long, they were very helpful, and the assistance was free.

Please let us know the solution.

Good luck!!
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Fonsecn View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fonsecn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/01/2011 at 02:24
Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

Manny, I did a web search and it seems that other iPad users may have a similar issue on different forum sites. One temp fix suggests to use HTML mode and not VISUAL mode. Not sure which one your using? If your still having an issue call Apple support. I dealt with them once on a device licensing issue with iTunes; the wait time wasn't very long, they were very helpful, and the assistance was free.

Good luck!!

I would think you should be able to post text style messages (no pics) via your iPad. I've used my iTouch in the past to post on the OT but don't like to mostly because the keyboard sucks (that goes for both the iPhone and iTouch).
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/01/2011 at 16:13
I can't post with my Black Berry either. I can read threads, but just can't post. 
Probably operator error on my end. Bucky
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2011 at 00:15
Originally posted by Fonsecn Fonsecn wrote:

Good luck!!

Déjà vu     Bucky
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2011 at 19:26
That is how they sell the next generation of crap they sell you one knowing full well it wont do some of what you want, then wait and come out with the new improved version next year.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2011 at 20:51
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

That is how they sell the next generation of crap they sell you one knowing full well it wont do some of what you want, then wait and come out with the new improved version next year.

Sometimes they come out with two new improved versions in one year... like the newly released iPad 2 and the soon to be released in Sept/Oct... the iPad 3.

I'm gonna wait until they come out with the iPad 6 or 7 before I consider one.   Bucky
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2011 at 21:42
I FIND THE WEBSITE ON WINDOWS 7 ON AN LG PHONE TO BE NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO FUNCTION EVERY PAGE IS MICRO SMALL AND THE THREADS ARE VERY HARD TO CLICK ON

sorry for the CAPS.

I still take the extra time but it is not as friendly as it could be... The shoutbox changed a lot and made the transition horrible for me as well as the advertisements...

No one
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic