OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

ZEISS RAPID Z600 OR Z800

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huntlife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ZEISS RAPID Z600 OR Z800
    Posted: July/23/2010 at 19:40
I AM LOOKING AT PURCHASING A ZEISS CONQUEST IN 4.5-14X50 AND I WANT THE RAPID Z RETICLE HOWEVER THE BALLISTIC CALCULATOR IS DOWN ON THE SITE AND IT SHOWS THAT ONLY THE Z800 IS AVAILABLE IN THAT SCOPE. IS THE Z800 THE SAME AS THE Z600 WITH SIMPLY MORE RANGE, OR IS IT BALLISTICALLY SET UP DIFFERENT. I WILL BE PUTTING IT ON A SAKO 300WSM.  I WANT MORE POWER THAN TEN SO THE 14 WORKS FOR ME.
sakomato View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakomato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/2010 at 19:54
The Z800 is preferable IMO and is almost a duplicate of the Z600 except with more stadia lines

I have a 4.5x14x44 Conquest Z800 and it is a great scope.
Guns only have 2 enemies, rust and politicians
huntlife View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huntlife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/2010 at 23:04
So the z800 is compatible with a 260 rem. then?
sscoyote View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sscoyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/2010 at 23:43

I'm sure that down to the 6 line the subtensions will be the same. Whether they match up perfectly with your load or not depends on your load's trajectory. The reticle is located in the 2nd focal plane so you can adjust the subtension to get a better fit oftentimes by adjusting the power. That's the system they use for zeroing the reticle for trajectory "groups".

Steve
huntlife View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huntlife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2010 at 09:18
I said 260 Rem but I meant 300wsm. I am going to take the Kahles scope off of my 300wsm and put it on my new 260. Looking for a good scope with about 14 power and a "ballistic reticle" for my 300wsm.
sakomato View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakomato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2010 at 12:26
Like you said, the Zeiss calculator is down.  But I have run a lot of ballistics through the calculator in the past.  I would estimate that if you shoot a 180 gr Accubond at 3000 fps then you would have to put your power on 10 or 11 or so if you wanted to use the drop marks for the longer range.  If you can find a high ballistic coefficient bullet in 165 gr like the Accubond, Scirrocco or Berger and get good velocity, then you might be able to get closer to the max power when shooting long range.

But it will be the same with the Z600.

Now if you have the money, there is the Kahles MultiZero where you set your own long range marks.

Edited by sakomato - July/24/2010 at 12:28
Guns only have 2 enemies, rust and politicians
mpk View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/2010 at 22:27
I'm getting aggravated with trying to use the ballistic calculator on the Zeiss web site, it seems like its down 90% of the time. If Zeiss is going to sell and market scopes with rapid z they really need to support this better.

mpk
cornhuskid View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornhuskid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2010 at 09:21
I just bought a 3-9 Conquest.  Their site seems to be working now.

j

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic