OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/2010 at 07:29
Welcome Jay and good shooting! I made it over to London back in the 70's. We had a grand time, and I plan on returning some day before I croak. I even liked the tubes for crying out loud. LOL.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
jay 22/250 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay 22/250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/2010 at 08:26
Originally posted by bugsNbows bugsNbows wrote:

Welcome Jay and good shooting! I made it over to London back in the 70's. We had a grand time, and I plan on returning some day before I croak. I even liked the tubes for crying out loud. LOL.

ive been to london and parts are nice. but i live in the midlands. in worcester where they make the famous sauce. the factory is 5 mins walk from my familys house.
winchester 22/250 stealth,zeiss victory 6x24x56 scope,ase mod,jewell trigger
tikka m595 222,ase mod,ziess conquest 6.5x24x50 scope.
annie 1417 22lr,logun mod,4x24 fixed mag scope
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay 22/250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/2010 at 08:32
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Jay, if you don't mind me asking, but where do you shoot?

good afternoon beltfed. i shoot on land i have permission on by farmers. we do have guyn clubs here. and there is a good one not far from us on the other side of worcester where i live.

im not into target shooting tho just pest control and soon to be deer shooting to.

to get granted rifles here you have to be a memeber of a shooting club.
or have ground which is past for the calibers you want to shoot vermin or deer on.

or wild boar like they have in some parts of our country. you have to have a check from the police of your back ground and he also gets granted permission fromt he doctor to see your records.

if that go's well you get a visit from a firearms officer. who has a chat about things. why you want the rifles and etc etc....  thye gun ticket last 5 years then you re new it.

if you want  a change to the ticket yo uhave to put in a form again. why yo uwan ta new rifle it cost 26 pound to do this.

or if its a one for one its free do do this. the rules are pretty tough but its not that bad to be fair. i take it alot of your land over there is goverment or state owned ? you pay a fee and you can go over all of it to hunt ?
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay 22/250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/2010 at 08:46
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Jay, if you don't mind me asking, but where do you shoot?

here are a couple of pics of one of the grounds
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/2010 at 09:15
Very scenic range. Nice Jay.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/2010 at 09:21
Morning Jay. Looks like you have a really nice place to shoot/hunt. You would really get a charge out of varment hunting over here. I could just imagine hunting groundhogs in the fields in your pictures. I bet rabbits are a real challenge. 
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay 22/250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/2010 at 15:14
there isnt many rabbits on that shoot to be fair. mainly foxes and crows when the fields are cut.

get alot of foxes coming out the top of that wood. in the second picture up on the hill.

ive shoot at some targets and bloons with my mates tikka t3 tactical. just back from where that shot was taken and the targets where around 1/4 of the way down from that wood. for safety of course.

your right i would like to hunt the coyote's you get out there in the big open fields
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/2010 at 16:45
Still not bad shooting foxes at that distanceSuper
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic